Thread: New Britain to hold town hall meeting on changing OC ordiinance

New Britain to hold town hall meeting on changing OC ordiinance

This was on the news this morning. They are going to hold a town hall meeting on this. They are looking to change the OC ordinance to a concealed carry ordinance.

Quote Originally Posted by LESGTINCT View Post
    This was on the news this morning. They are going to hold a town hall meeting on this. They are looking to change the OC ordinance to a concealed carry ordinance.
    FYI,

This is inaccurate info from the reporter. The Alderman that wrote and then re-wrote the ordinance is trying to bring NB more or less compliant with State Statutes. Although between NBC Connecticut and New Britain Herald, there seems to have been an intentional drive to not report the news, but push for concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by romma View Post
    FYI,

This is inaccurate info from the reporter. The Alderman that wrote and then re-wrote the ordinance is trying to bring NB more or less compliant with State Statutes. Although between NBC Connecticut and New Britain Herald, there seems to have been an intentional drive to not report the news, but push for concealed carry.
    Reporters getting the facts wrong? Unbelievable!

Actually one of the many versions I saw this morning (Woke up REAL early) was FUNNY.
    Right after the idiot remote reporter said that CT requires Concealed Carry, they went to a clip from Pabon and he said that New Britain wants to make their ordinance so that people can carry Openly OR Concealed.......Major Contradiction in a matter of seconds!!!
    Last edited by Lenny Benedetto; 09-05-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Benedetto View Post
    Actually one of the many versions I saw this morning (Woke up REAL early) was FUNNY.
    Right after the idiot remote reporter said that CT requires Concealed Carry, they went to a clip from Pabon and he said that New Britain wants to make their ordinance so that people can carry Openly OR Concealed.......Major Contradiction in a matter of seconds!!!
    Wow, bad reporting for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

Here's another that says concealed

http://www.wfsb.com/story/19468405/n...nds-on-gun-law

Quote Originally Posted by rt1983 View Post
    Another article this morning.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/hartfor...s-ban_98173344

Here is one that actually gets the facts CORRECT. The quotes...Not so much.

http://www.newbritainherald.com/arti...6001914063.txt

If the report you saw was WVIT, they had the right information and chose to follow an agenda instead.

I spoke to Liz Dahlem of WVIT early in the AM and explained to her the following:

CT law isn't conceal carry - it's a permit to carry. Open or concealed is up to the permit holder.
    New Britain ordinance isn't to mandate concealed, the revision is to go in line with state law.

She nodded her head and still continued to report the wrong information.

Their news desk was contacted and offered the right information - chose not to follow up.

The reporter from the same network didn't believe that their reporters got it wrong and didn't want the right info even if they were right there in council chambers.

WVIT and gun laws...... don't expect the truth.

At least the reporter from WFSB was willing to have a discussion and open dialogue. When he understood the facts, made a very factually accurate account of them on their articles.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.