Thread: OC Shotgun same as handgun??

Question OC Shotgun same as handgun??

With hunting season on the horizon I was thinking about how the state views OC of a loaded shotgun in a car. I don't intend on having it in the front next to me but I would like to lay it in the back seat in plain view. I understand that a handgun can now be consealed provided its in a secured container i.e. glovebox, console,etc. Just wondering if the same applys to a shotgun case and can it be out of the case loaded in plain view.....

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    , ,
    There are a select few areas where a loaded rifle or shotgun may not be carried in a vehicle...(Henrico, Richmond, WMA's, Etc) permit holders exempted for some stupid reason. Check the game laws.

Cased isn't concealed.

Since I don't live in a special county, I have a loaded, uncased, rifle, shotgun or both all year. They get changed with the seasons.

For those scoundrels that scoff at the special area rules, The fine is about twenty five bucks.
    Last edited by peter nap; 09-05-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Myrtle Beach, SC
    You can have a shotgun on school property in your vehicle as long as it's unloaded (I believe it needs to be in a case or in a gun rack).
    Last edited by hunter45; 09-05-2012 at 11:03 AM.