Thread: Carrying inside my work

Carrying inside my work

hello all i am new to the fourm just wanted to start by saying hello i got a couple questions about Ga Gun law

So i work at a pawnshop allowed to own a firearm by am i allowed to open carry at work my boss says i am ok but i want to make sure i dont need a permit or anything.

btw i got a out of state ID does this matter ? you can open carry in a workplace correct without a GA open carry permit ? thanks

Its a private business, if your employer allows it you are good to go as long as you are legal to carry one anywhere else that allows them.

yes my boss allows it i have a understanding you dont need a permit for home/car/business correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg View Post
    Its a private business, if your employer allows it you are good to go as long as you are legal to carry one anywhere else that allows them.

you can carry without a license and without permission from your employer...youre gtg because its not an off limits location

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    you can carry without a license and without permission from your employer...youre gtg because its not an off limits location
    Wrong, private property is private property. And they can do as they please. If they don't want you to have a weapon on their property you can't have one. Also if they had a policy you can be fired for it. I know from experience on this. Don't spread false information to people. I would contact your hr department first.

look GA is an at will employment state you can fired for wearing a red shirt on tuesday before 9am....that still doesnt change the fact you do not need a license nor do you need permission to carry at work. yeah you can be fired for carrying but signs and whatnot are irrelevant in GA. you could just carry and never tell a soul its legal and GA case law back the fact up but if ever found out you could be terminated
    Last edited by rmodel65; 09-08-2012 at 09:15 AM.