• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying inside my work

mazz1623

hello all i am new to the fourm just wanted to start by saying hello i got a couple questions about Ga Gun law

So i work at a pawnshop allowed to own a firearm by am i allowed to open carry at work my boss says i am ok but i want to make sure i dont need a permit or anything.

btw i got a out of state ID does this matter ? you can open carry in a workplace correct without a GA open carry permit ? thanks

dawg

Its a private business, if your employer allows it you are good to go as long as you are legal to carry one anywhere else that allows them.

mazz1623

yes my boss allows it i have a understanding you dont need a permit for home/car/business correct ?

rmodel65

Its a private business, if your employer allows it you are good to go as long as you are legal to carry one anywhere else that allows them.

you can carry without a license and without permission from your employer...youre gtg because its not an off limits location

dawg

you can carry without a license and without permission from your employer...youre gtg because its not an off limits location

Wrong, private property is private property. And they can do as they please. If they don't want you to have a weapon on their property you can't have one. Also if they had a policy you can be fired for it. I know from experience on this. Don't spread false information to people. I would contact your hr department first.

rmodel65

look GA is an at will employment state you can fired for wearing a red shirt on tuesday before 9am....that still doesnt change the fact you do not need a license nor do you need permission to carry at work. yeah you can be fired for carrying but signs and whatnot are irrelevant in GA. you could just carry and never tell a soul its legal and GA case law back the fact up but if ever found out you could be terminated

Last edited: