Thread: ABC news article on out-of-staters getting VA CHP

ABC news article on out-of-staters getting VA CHP

Not open-carry, but definitely something that should be on our radar as 2nd Amendment Activists. Local news piece on out-of-staters getting Va CHP.

http://wtvr.com/2012/09/04/va-issues...e-state-lines/
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Well I made a comment to the article but for some reason I cannot C&P it. Oddly I can see it as a ghost image below what I'm typing now.

Dear reporter, please tell us which states have reciprocity with Virginia, but require instructor range time. It was my understanding that Virginia does not make reciprocity agreements with states that do not have nearly identical requirements for issuing permits. Also please tell us why we should care that out of state citizens are enriching our coffers with these overpriced permits. Finally, please tell us why there should not be national reciprocity of this American birthright.
    Last edited by paramedic70002; 09-05-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Well I made a comment to the article but for some reason I cannot C&P it. Oddly I can see it as a ghost image below what I'm typing now.

Dear reporter, please tell us which states have reciprocity with Virginia, but require instructor range time. It was my understanding that Virginia does not make reciprocity agreements with states that do not have nearly identical requirements for issuing permits. Also please tell us why we should care that out of state citizens are enriching our coffers with these overpriced permits. Finally, please tell us why there should not be national reciprocity of this American birthright.
    It posted. I recognize your FB profile from articles you commented on in the RTD. BTW, EMT-B here, since 2003.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    It posted. I recognize your FB profile from articles you commented on in the RTD. BTW, EMT-B here, since 2003.
    Magic!

2. Dear reporter, please tell us which states have reciprocity with Virginia, but require instructor range time. It was my understanding that Virginia does not make reciprocity agreements with states that do not have nearly identical requirements for issuing permits. Also please tell us why we should care that out of state citizens are enriching our coffers with these overpriced permits. Finally, please tell us why there should not be national reciprocity of this American birthright.

Last edited by paramedic70002; Today at 02:22 PM.

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Reply With Quote [IMG]file:///C:/Users/peter/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image003.gif[/IMG] Blog this Post

1. Today, 02:28 PM #3

T Dubya
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/peter/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image005.gif[/IMG]
    Campaign Veteran [IMG]file:///C:/Users/peter/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image006.gif[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/peter/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image007.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/peter/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image009.gif[/IMG]Originally Posted by paramedic70002 [IMG]file:///C:/Users/peter/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image011.gif[/IMG] Well I made a comment to the article but for some reason I cannot C&P it. Oddly I can see it as a ghost image below what I'm typing now.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/peter/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]Reply With Quote [IMG]file:///C:/Users/peter/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image012.gif[/IMG] Blog this Post
    + Reply to Thread

I am still not going back to FacePage/MyBook just to leave a comment. You guys have done well, and so far have managed to avoid having the other side of the issue thrown in your faces.

PM me if you are not catching my drift. I'm not even thinking about it - those waves travel.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Much more thorough article here, although it's HuffPo, so a little bit more slanted. Not too bad though. The comments are back and forth.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1852244.html

Interestingly, the main point that I take from this article is the fact that we are indeed reaching a point where CC is more of a "right" than a "privilege". With the continuing spread of "shall issue", it's merely a matter of doing the paperwork and paying the associated tax to inform the government that you will be carrying concealed. There isn't very much "asking for permission" going on any more.

TFred

PS: It appears the linked article is an AP feed, not originated by HuffPo.
    Last edited by TFred; 09-05-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Same article, but some fairly interesting comments here:

http://www.policeone.com/legal/artic...-nonresidents/

You have to be an LEO to post comments there.

TFred