• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC news article on out-of-staters getting VA CHP

paramedic70002

Well I made a comment to the article but for some reason I cannot C&P it. Oddly I can see it as a ghost image below what I'm typing now.

Dear reporter, please tell us which states have reciprocity with Virginia, but require instructor range time. It was my understanding that Virginia does not make reciprocity agreements with states that do not have nearly identical requirements for issuing permits. Also please tell us why we should care that out of state citizens are enriching our coffers with these overpriced permits. Finally, please tell us why there should not be national reciprocity of this American birthright.

Last edited:

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
Well I made a comment to the article but for some reason I cannot C&P it. Oddly I can see it as a ghost image below what I'm typing now.

Dear reporter, please tell us which states have reciprocity with Virginia, but require instructor range time. It was my understanding that Virginia does not make reciprocity agreements with states that do not have nearly identical requirements for issuing permits. Also please tell us why we should care that out of state citizens are enriching our coffers with these overpriced permits. Finally, please tell us why there should not be national reciprocity of this American birthright.

It posted. I recognize your FB profile from articles you commented on in the RTD. BTW, EMT-B here, since 2003.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It posted. I recognize your FB profile from articles you commented on in the RTD. BTW, EMT-B here, since 2003.

Magic!

2. Dear reporter, please tell us which states have reciprocity with Virginia, but require instructor range time. It was my understanding that Virginia does not make reciprocity agreements with states that do not have nearly identical requirements for issuing permits. Also please tell us why we should care that out of state citizens are enriching our coffers with these overpriced permits. Finally, please tell us why there should not be national reciprocity of this American birthright.

Last edited by paramedic70002; Today at 02:22 PM.

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Reply With Quote Blog this Post

1. Today, 02:28 PM #3

T Dubya
clip_image005.gif

Campaign Veteran
clip_image006.gif

clip_image009.gif
Originally Posted by paramedic70002 Well I made a comment to the article but for some reason I cannot C&P it. Oddly I can see it as a ghost image below what I'm typing now.

"These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Reply With Quote Blog this Post
+ Reply to Thread

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I am still not going back to FacePage/MyBook just to leave a comment. You guys have done well, and so far have managed to avoid having the other side of the issue thrown in your faces.

PM me if you are not catching my drift. I'm not even thinking about it - those waves travel.:uhoh:

stay safe.

TFred

Much more thorough article here, although it's HuffPo, so a little bit more slanted. Not too bad though. The comments are back and forth.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/03/gun-permits-virginia-online-classes_n_1852244.html

Interestingly, the main point that I take from this article is the fact that we are indeed reaching a point where CC is more of a "right" than a "privilege". With the continuing spread of "shall issue", it's merely a matter of doing the paperwork and paying the associated tax to inform the government that you will be carrying concealed. There isn't very much "asking for permission" going on any more.

TFred

PS: It appears the linked article is an AP feed, not originated by HuffPo.

Last edited: