Thread: First and Second Amendment linking together to gather information about our guberment

Banned

First and Second Amendment linking together to gather information about our guberment

The first amendment allows us to gather information about the government (its more than just free speech).

The second amendment allows us to gather guns to protect ourselves from the government.

So, would these two allow us to learn information regarding what guns the governments (like local PDs) have?

Most state's FOIA or similar laws that would exempt getting this information but I think that the laws run into conflict with our first and second amendment rights (how can we defend ourselves without this information?).

Anyone know of a FOIA case similar?

Well, in most of the earth's crust that compose the USA that info is public information if you dig deep enough into "city/county/state" budgets. It is tax payer dollars after all.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Well, in most of the earth's crust that compose the USA that info is public information if you dig deep enough into "city/county/state" budgets. It is tax payer dollars after all.
    They don't show it in budgets other than vague $$ amts .... man, had a hearing the other day and the state rep said that I have not right under the 1st amendment to get any information from the gov't ...