• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First and Second Amendment linking together to gather information about our guberment

davidmcbeth

Banned
The first amendment allows us to gather information about the government (its more than just free speech).

The second amendment allows us to gather guns to protect ourselves from the government.

So, would these two allow us to learn information regarding what guns the governments (like local PDs) have?

Most state's FOIA or similar laws that would exempt getting this information but I think that the laws run into conflict with our first and second amendment rights (how can we defend ourselves without this information?).

Anyone know of a FOIA case similar?

OC for ME

Well, in most of the earth's crust that compose the USA that info is public information if you dig deep enough into "city/county/state" budgets. It is tax payer dollars after all.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, in most of the earth's crust that compose the USA that info is public information if you dig deep enough into "city/county/state" budgets. It is tax payer dollars after all.

They don't show it in budgets other than vague $$ amts .... man, had a hearing the other day and the state rep said that I have not right under the 1st amendment to get any information from the gov't ...