Thread: Another reason to carry in ABQ

Another reason to carry in ABQ

Around 11:30am today at Menaul and San Mateo, behind the Big Lots, 7 gun shots where heard by multiple businesses in the shopping area. I know they are busy and they do a wonderful job keeping our city safe but, it took APD 1 1/2 hours to respond to the call. What if the BG walked into a local business in the area and choose to open fire? My friend that works in the shopping center said he went out after an hour of the shots and found all 7 shell casings. Hopefully nobody was harmed. Stay safe guys.

Can you link any news reports about this?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Sadly gunshots are so common in Albuquerque, unless someone is killed, most go unreported by the news. If I see one, and I'll be looking, I'm more then happy to link it.

Quote Originally Posted by bwiltgen2 View Post
    Sadly gunshots are so common in Albuquerque, unless someone is killed, most go unreported by the news. If I see one, and I'll be looking, I'm more then happy to link it.
    Sadly response by APD to just about anything is also extremely slow...
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Campaign Veteran
    Maybe it was the police themselves, just "horsing around" with each other? I've heard of some of their "pranks," from the horse's mouth even. Besides, "boys will be boys" -- right?

[The Choirboys, 1977]

So, maybe the APD's long response time was for a reason?

...just kidding.
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 09-08-2012 at 01:00 PM.