• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another reason to carry in ABQ

bwiltgen2

Around 11:30am today at Menaul and San Mateo, behind the Big Lots, 7 gun shots where heard by multiple businesses in the shopping area. I know they are busy and they do a wonderful job keeping our city safe but, it took APD 1 1/2 hours to respond to the call. What if the BG walked into a local business in the area and choose to open fire? My friend that works in the shopping center said he went out after an hour of the shots and found all 7 shell casings. Hopefully nobody was harmed. Stay safe guys.

bwiltgen2

Sadly gunshots are so common in Albuquerque, unless someone is killed, most go unreported by the news. If I see one, and I'll be looking, I'm more then happy to link it.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Maybe it was the police themselves, just "horsing around" with each other? I've heard of some of their "pranks," from the horse's mouth even. Besides, "boys will be boys" -- right?

[The Choirboys, 1977]

So, maybe the APD's long response time was for a reason?

...just kidding.

Last edited: