• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

M&p 45 apc

11B2O

I have fired the M&P45 before and even though I already own the 9mm version I was very impressed. The recoil was so smooth and so little that I forgot it was a .45 and thought I was firing 9mm+p instead.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

REALteach4u

The M&P is well built. There are a few things that need changed for it to truly fall within Military & Police. The first is the loaded chamber indicator that cannot be seen in the dark without some sort of light. The next is that dodgy trigger. Sure, you could send it in to S&W to have their "match" trigger work done, but why spend the money when a local smith can do better work or you can buy the parts and have them installed to get a proper trigger.

I've heard lately some complaints about the sights. Never had a problem with any of the M&P's I've owned and fired.

I personally prefer the version without the manual flip safety. Now they just need to build the Shield in a 45!

TOF

Better get one now cause when the Hi Cap mag ban is re-enacted and all those wonder nines made less effective the 45 will be real hard to find.
I liked the full size so much the little kid (compact) came home with me also. When I am capable they will yield 1 hole groupings. SWC, FMJ, JHP and empty cases all feed without fail.
Well over 5000 rounds and going strong.

Will.40

I am thinking about M&P 45 APC need feedback on it please. Some one recommended that.

I saw a M&P at my local gun shop today on display that blew up, only thing left intact was the slide.. apparently they have had problems where the mag drops a little when you shoot it then a round goes off and BOOM! gun blows up

TechnoWeenie

I saw a M&P at my local gun shop today on display that blew up, only thing left intact was the slide.. apparently they have had problems where the mag drops a little when you shoot it then a round goes off and BOOM! gun blows up

The mag dropping would have NOTHING to do with a explosion. A misfeed, maybe. Double feed, maybe. Catastrophic failure? No. You would have to have a breach, which would have to mean excess pressure, or unsealed chamber

Bet you $10 they were using reloads, or an improper shooting grip.

Reloads were the cause of most (if not all) of the Kabooms(!) on Glocks, using the wrong type of powder/too much of it.

Phoenix David

The mag dropping would have NOTHING to do with a explosion. A misfeed, maybe. Double feed, maybe. Catastrophic failure? No. You would have to have a breach, which would have to mean excess pressure, or unsealed chamber

Reloads were the cause of most (if not all) of the Kabooms(!) on Glocks, using the wrong type of powder/too much of it.

I'd go with reloads, I don't think that a improper grip would cause an out of battery detonation, unless it was purposeful.

Will.40

The round went off outside of the chamber.. but you say that wouldn't cause the gun to come apart???

TechnoWeenie

The round went off outside of the chamber.. but you say that wouldn't cause the gun to come apart???

I'm new to this whole 'gun' thing...

Please explain how you get an out of battery discharge because a magazine drops?

K THX BYE.

(In case you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm there)

Will.40

I'm new to this whole 'gun' thing...

Please explain how you get an out of battery discharge because a magazine drops?

K THX BYE.

(In case you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm there)

My gunsmith explained it to me, I am not a gunsmith so I do not know the full details. the mag dropped just enough, and the round went off, since you are new to the 'whole gun thing' let me say anything can happen. whether your fault, the guns fault etc. This guy wanted to know about this gun so I told him what I saw, No one asked for your smart alec remark. The only person you are making look bad here is yourself.

Lasjayhawk

Will, unless you have an M&P with the optional mag safety, you can fire a M&P with the mag removed and it still won't go kB (KaBoom!) Someone did blow a M&P 40 up at a local gun range here in town a few weeks ago, but it was an ammo problem......the 9mm ammo he put in it. :banghead:

I do know that some M&P's have had the mag retention issue you've mentioned, but every post on a board I've seen S&W will send you the parts to fix it or have you send it in if you wish. I have not seen a report of a kB due to it.

I'm not sure how far out of battery a M&P will fire, if it will at all........ I do know that some brand G sidearms will fire way out of battery, at least from some of the reports I have on the internet (and you can't put anything on the internet that isn't true! :eek: )

I haven't had the gritty trigger problem with my M&P .40 that others have reported, BUT, I cleaned the firearm and re-lubricated it per the manual BEFORE a round went through it. Or maybe I wouldn't know a gritty trigger if I had my finger on it. ;) Lord knows I wouldn't know the 10 ring if I saw it!

I kind of wonder if the round before wasn't a squib...............

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Yesterday I purchased a new Generation 4 Glock 21. This gun is astonishingly accurate, controllable, and fits the hand like a glove with the new short frame. The new Gen4 texturing is excellent, and the gun stays put whether you are firing with wet or dry hands. If you are looking for a new full-size .45 Auto, I would highly recommend the Gen4 21. I own an M&P in 9mm and .40S&W, and I like the new Glocks much more than the full-size M&P. If you was to purchase the Glock, you can also carry 3 more rounds in the gun, and if you carry 2 spare reloads, that is 9 extra rounds, which could save your life.

As for the texturing on the new Gen4, it does not rub the skin like the RTF2 texturing does when carrying concealed against bare skin. I had to take a Dremel to the left side of the RTF2 Glock I have, but I do not have to do the same with the Gen4.

I also have a Glock 30, but I believe when I decide to carry a Glock chambered in .45 Auto from now on, it will be the full-size.