Thread: Irish music festival

Irish music festival

I plan on going next Sunday with the family to the Irish music fesrin Muskegon next Sunday. I was looking at the rules to see what was said about fire arms. It does say no fire arms. This even is being held at Haritige Landing, wich is couny owned. Can the festival ban guns or does preemption apply?

Sorry, doing this from my cell phone. Imeant "festival in".

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by backenj View Post
    I plan on going next Sunday with the family to the Irish music fesrin Muskegon next Sunday. I was looking at the rules to see what was said about fire arms. It does say no fire arms. This even is being held at Haritige Landing, wich is couny owned. Can the festival ban guns or does preemption apply?
    If it is on Public property, then preemption does apply. Muskegon know this, but insist on keeping the rules and signs up.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    If it is on Public property, then preemption does apply. Muskegon know this, but insist on keeping the rules and signs up.
    Ok, thanks. It is on public land and open to the public but you do have to pay to enter. Does that change anything?

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    http://www.michiganirish.org/FAQ
    they claim no weapons or firearms allowed
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

I've never noticed any no firearms signs. Having said that, I don't carry there because copious amounts of alcohol might be involved!
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Ok, thanks. It is on public land and open to the public but you do have to pay to enter. Does that change anything?
    no. admission or not (like the royal oak arts beats and eats) doesn't matter. preemption still applies.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

And what time is this happening?
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    And what time is this happening?
    10:00 till 6:00. They are having mass at 9:00 for people that do that.

Re: Irish music festival

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    no. admission or not (like the royal oak arts beats and eats) doesn't matter. preemption still applies.
    There was information here a few years ago about that specific area in regards to Summerfest; crimdoc I believe either went or discussed the issue with the Summerfest people. If you do a search for his name and Summerfest, it most likely will have some helpful information.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.