• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Irish music festival

backenj

I plan on going next Sunday with the family to the Irish music fesrin Muskegon next Sunday. I was looking at the rules to see what was said about fire arms. It does say no fire arms. This even is being held at Haritige Landing, wich is couny owned. Can the festival ban guns or does preemption apply?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I plan on going next Sunday with the family to the Irish music fesrin Muskegon next Sunday. I was looking at the rules to see what was said about fire arms. It does say no fire arms. This even is being held at Haritige Landing, wich is couny owned. Can the festival ban guns or does preemption apply?

If it is on Public property, then preemption does apply. Muskegon know this, but insist on keeping the rules and signs up.

backenj

If it is on Public property, then preemption does apply. Muskegon know this, but insist on keeping the rules and signs up.

Ok, thanks. It is on public land and open to the public but you do have to pay to enter. Does that change anything?

griffin

I've never noticed any no firearms signs. Having said that, I don't carry there because copious amounts of alcohol might be involved!
cheers2.gif

Raggs

And what time is this happening?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
no. admission or not (like the royal oak arts beats and eats) doesn't matter. preemption still applies.

There was information here a few years ago about that specific area in regards to Summerfest; crimdoc I believe either went or discussed the issue with the Summerfest people. If you do a search for his name and Summerfest, it most likely will have some helpful information.