Thread: Judge's son charged with woman's death in park

Judge's son charged with woman's death in park

http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-...?absolute=true

Belling had brought this up yesterday in his show. He said he'll be watching real closely on this because Milwaukee is notorious for giving slaps on the wrists for criminals.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I hope they bring in an impartial judge, maybe an impartial prosecutor.
    Those judges work together, know each other, that should be enough to make them recuse themselves from hearing this case, or taking any official action.
    And the DA or ADA who handles the case risks having difficulty in any future cases before that judge or his friends when if this 'kid' is convicted of murder.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I hope they bring in an impartial judge, maybe an impartial prosecutor.
    Those judges work together, know each other, that should be enough to make them recuse themselves from hearing this case, or taking any official action.
    And the DA or ADA who handles the case risks having difficulty in any future cases before that judge or his friends when if this 'kid' is convicted of murder.
    Woudn't they just try him in another county where the Judge and Prosecuting Attorneys have no vested interest in the case being decided either way?

I'm not aware of any times this has occured for a felony charge, but in my neck of the woods in Western Washington when charges are brought against an official of a county or city within that county then they try him in a different venue, usually a neighboring county. Like the mayor of a little town next to me got pulled over by own his city's own police officers, the officer notified the state patrol who came to the scene and arrested him. the case was then prosecuted in neighboring Pierce County instead of Kitsap County where the offense occured. I think that's the way to do it.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member