• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Judge's son charged with woman's death in park

MKEgal

I hope they bring in an impartial judge, maybe an impartial prosecutor.
Those judges work together, know each other, that should be enough to make them recuse themselves from hearing this case, or taking any official action.
And the DA or ADA who handles the case risks having difficulty in any future cases before that judge or his friends [strike]when[/strike] if this 'kid' is convicted of murder.

EMNofSeattle

I hope they bring in an impartial judge, maybe an impartial prosecutor.
Those judges work together, know each other, that should be enough to make them recuse themselves from hearing this case, or taking any official action.
And the DA or ADA who handles the case risks having difficulty in any future cases before that judge or his friends [strike]when[/strike] if this 'kid' is convicted of murder.

Woudn't they just try him in another county where the Judge and Prosecuting Attorneys have no vested interest in the case being decided either way?

I'm not aware of any times this has occured for a felony charge, but in my neck of the woods in Western Washington when charges are brought against an official of a county or city within that county then they try him in a different venue, usually a neighboring county. Like the mayor of a little town next to me got pulled over by own his city's own police officers, the officer notified the state patrol who came to the scene and arrested him. the case was then prosecuted in neighboring Pierce County instead of Kitsap County where the offense occured. I think that's the way to do it.