• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fire Suppressor is a buggin out

fire suppressor

Life is full of unexpected surprises and right now my life is calling me to South Dakota. I will be moving to South Dakota by the end of this month. I just wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for the past amazing five years. I have met many of you over the years and many of you have become my friends. Politics aside Washington is a very special place and I will miss it along with all of you but sometimes in life you have to take a risk in hopes of something more.

I really would like to give everyone a very special thank you. I know we have not always agreed on everything but we have all always been here in support of one and other. The South Dakota forums are not nearly as active as Washington's in fact they are just about a ghost town but I have also found that guns and open carry is much much more socially accepted in South Dakota so maybe that is the reason. I will miss the enthusiasm, support and the level of activism in our local group.

Open carry truly is a life altering experience and I am not the same man as I walked in as five years ago. You all have helped me grow and gain confidence in one of our most important constitutional rights. Washington has been my home for the last 26 years and many of you have become my friends so even though I am moving away I will be keeping a eye on the forum.

My schedule is going to be a little crazy over the next couple weeks but if there is any interest in a lunch or get together before I leave I can make some time for one. If not I truly do wish everyone the very best and with people like all of you in the state there is still hope for it and its gun rights.

God bless all of you, keep your strong side strong and one in the chamber

Eddie

Lammo

In my law school class on Conflict of Laws we had a case in the book about the State of South Dakota regulating the cement industry. Our professor asked the class why South Dakota was so concerned about cement. The reply from the back row was "Because it's the only thing that grows there." :)

DCKilla

Wow, South Dakota, there is some nice country out there. It reminded me of the default desktop image for windows XP. Rolling green hills is what I saw in May.

Good luck with your new adventure.

Trigger Dr

God speed with you Eddie. Is your GF being transferred there? Don't let her get away she is one of a kind and a good one to boot.

Squeak

I hope you'll stay away from Sturgis! Damned bikers! Rode there a few times and am glad I didn't live very close, like 1,500 miles or so! Stay outta trouble!:lol:

rapgood

I hope you'll stay away from Sturgis! Damned bikers! Rode there a few times and am glad I didn't live very close, like 1,500 miles or so! Stay outta trouble!:lol:

But, if you do ride, I seem to recall that both OC and CC are illegal in SDak when on a motorcycle...

Batousaii

Be sure to check out Sturgis! ~ I hear it's allot of fun to get into trouble over there - :p

- Seriously, I hope you have good adventures there in South Dakota, big country from what i hear, probably some nice paces to go shooting too. Keep in touch and send us some pics and a hello here in WA.

Good Hunting to ya.

Bat :dude:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

person DJ

best wishes..........The country between Sturgis and Mount Rushmore is really something to see..........You will be only a keyboard away.

Danny

07Altima

I hope you have a good trip

I dont recall if I was able to meet you but I am glad you were apart of the group, and I really wish you a good safe trip, and positive gains :)