Thread: Lenoir/Hickory area meet-up

Lenoir/Hickory area meet-up

Hello,

I am new here and just yestarday had my first OC experience in the Hickory Walmart off of 321. I believe it was in the riverside plaza. It was relativly uneventful. I heard one couple where the woman said something to the effect of "honey, you see that pistol on his side?". As I was leaving two police cars rolled up. They never confronted me as I was pulling out of the parking lot as they entered. I was just thinking "hmmm I wonder if they are here for a 'Man with a gun' call".

I was wondering if there are any OC meet-ups nearby that area for a newbie to attend.

I currently live in Gaffney, SC, and unfortunatly, you are not allowed to OC in SC.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Clay33478; 09-07-2012 at 08:32 AM.

First, welcome aboard.

Second, that walmart understands that OC is legal. And your welcome for that. hehe I had an issue there with an Asst Mgr. I ended up dealing with another Asst Mgr, Store Mgr, and Asset Protection Mgr to get it straightened out. I have not had an issue since.

There are a few of us that OC in the Hickory area. We had talked about a get together and it never quite got off the ground. I do know of one restaurant in the area that is very OC friendly. Mama's Pizza. Great food too. Although the Walmart incident is the only one I have had in this area and I've been OC'ing several years.

I am starting to get used to the stares I receive when I do OC. I have had no contact with LEO or anyone else about my OC'ing. I kinda want someone to ask about it so I can correct any mis-information or maybe even find another OC'er.