• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

article on the New Britain Open carry law

Freiheit417

Reporter Bob Wilson removes Councilman Pabon's pistol from his holster in public and then sweeps the councilman's arm/body with the muzzle - YIKES! It looks like Bob may have even pointed it at himself at one point as well.

I don't know where to even begin with this video and article. :banghead:

"I don't like showing it the way it is now because right now this comes out like nothing," said Pabon. "Somebody can grab it and shoot me with it."

Respectfully Councilman, if you're concerned about retention, then get a proper retention holster instead of that poorly fitted nylon holster and perhaps some training as well. I applaud the efforts to remove the ban on carrying concealed, but at the same time, carrying openly is not irresponsible when done properly. There are many here who responsibly carry openly every day. Concealed or open should be the carrier's choice.

KennyB

Councilman Pabon should not be carrying a gun. He needs some serious training and he needs to stop buying his guns and holsters at JC Whitney. That whole "story" seems almost staged. We all know channel 8's obvious bias towards guns in general but gezzz..............

davidmcbeth

Banned
Councilman Pabon should not be carrying a gun. He needs some serious training and he needs to stop buying his guns and holsters at JC Whitney. That whole "story" seems almost staged. We all know channel 8's obvious bias towards guns in general but gezzz..............

He's fine .... or so we'll find out ... who has that type of holster? A guy who wants to be shot with his own gun .... so what's he complaining about?

Vote is on the 12th?

Clawed

These people have no idea what their talking about look at that **** holster
In the article they spelled kel-tec "Cal Tech" :lol: