Thread: So I'm a bit insulted here...

So I'm a bit insulted here...

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/VA/

First of all... we don't have 12 points, we have 9. Second, why doesn't OC give us bonus demerits? >=(
    Last edited by Numenor; 09-07-2012 at 11:10 PM. Reason: brain fart on subtraction

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post

First of all... we don't have 12 points, we have 8. Second, why doesn't OC give us bonus demerits? >=(
    Oh well, at least Sarah can rest easy knowing you need a CHP to carry while bow hunting. Should be good for at least 6 points.

First of all... we don't have 12 points, we have 8. Second, why doesn't OC give us bonus demerits? >=(
    They have to be widely misinformed. I thought for sure Illinois would be their gold star state.
    .45 ACP - Because shooting twice is silly

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

red is good, right?
    Last edited by Esanders2008; 09-07-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    ...To make my bullets go faster!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    That is obviously out of date as we are no longer limited to one handgun per month - so the most we qualify for is 9 points.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by MagiK_SacK View Post
    They have to be widely misinformed. I thought for sure Illinois would be their gold star state.
    From what I understand IL is somewhat sane aside from Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by MagiK_SacK View Post
    Of course they're misinformed. They're the Brady campaign, right?

From what I understand IL is somewhat sane aside from Chicago.
    Doing a little research this is what I came across.

http://www.concealcarry.org/illinois-carry/

There is alot to try to quote on that page alone. In short it seems like they are using a loop hole to be able to CC. As far as I can find so far all they have in IL is FOID (firearm owners identification) cards. It is my impression that the state all around is a right denied state with very few/restrictive exceptions.
    .45 ACP - Because shooting twice is silly

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

I'm appalled, perhaps even a bit ashamed. VA is a 12 on the Brady list? I won't rest until we're at absolute ZERO! Maybe even in negative numbers. We've got some work to do. I hope everybody else is with me.

Quote Originally Posted by markand View Post
    I'm appalled, perhaps even a bit ashamed. VA is a 12 on the Brady list? I won't rest until we're at absolute ZERO! Maybe even in negative numbers. We've got some work to do. I hope everybody else is with me.
    I'm surprised California ranks higher then the Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey. or New York. NJ laws are extreme, and in New York you cannot even touch a pistol not registered to you. from what I understand if you have a gun registered in NY and your friend from Conneticutt comes to visit, your friend is committing a crime if he borrows your pistol to take the range. even Cali doesn't do that. I think that the brady map is rigged. Washington has 14, and I think that's only because Washington has some gun store regulation that involves keeping sale records (which shops already do under federal law) and the three day waiting period. if not for those WA would be 6.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    removed
    Last edited by twoskinsonemanns; 09-09-2012 at 03:23 AM. Reason: cause grape is jealous of my state :)
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Centurion
    Utah is blessed with a "Brady" score of "ZERO". We are actively working on getting into NEGATIVE numbers from the Brady's!

Just a little brag here! Enjoy!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

i noticed AZ got a zero, Alaska did too
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    I'm pretty proud that Oklahoma has VA beat. We scored a 2. Too bad they don't factor in OC, we could drop even further after Nov 1.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Utah is blessed with a "Brady" score of "ZERO". We are actively working on getting into NEGATIVE numbers from the Brady's!

Just a little brag here! Enjoy!
    Hats off to Utah!

We are a 9 here in VA - very frustrating.