• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So I'm a bit insulted here...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That is obviously out of date as we are no longer limited to one handgun per month - so the most we qualify for is 9 points.

MagiK_SacK

From what I understand IL is somewhat sane aside from Chicago.

Doing a little research this is what I came across.

http://www.concealcarry.org/illinois-carry/

There is alot to try to quote on that page alone. In short it seems like they are using a loop hole to be able to CC. As far as I can find so far all they have in IL is FOID (firearm owners identification) cards. It is my impression that the state all around is a right denied state with very few/restrictive exceptions.

markand

I'm appalled, perhaps even a bit ashamed. VA is a 12 on the Brady list? I won't rest until we're at absolute ZERO! Maybe even in negative numbers. We've got some work to do. I hope everybody else is with me.

EMNofSeattle

I'm appalled, perhaps even a bit ashamed. VA is a 12 on the Brady list? I won't rest until we're at absolute ZERO! Maybe even in negative numbers. We've got some work to do. I hope everybody else is with me.

I'm surprised California ranks higher then the Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey. or New York. NJ laws are extreme, and in New York you cannot even touch a pistol not registered to you. from what I understand if you have a gun registered in NY and your friend from Conneticutt comes to visit, your friend is committing a crime if he borrows your pistol to take the range. even Cali doesn't do that. I think that the brady map is rigged. Washington has 14, and I think that's only because Washington has some gun store regulation that involves keeping sale records (which shops already do under federal law) and the three day waiting period. if not for those WA would be 6.