• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop accidentally kills clerk fleeing robbers

Polynikes

Man, the NYPD is on a roll lately. Good thing these guns are in the hands of "trained professionals." :mad:

Reynaldo Cuevas, 20, was shot once in the left shoulder when he bolted from his uncle's Bronx bodega and plowed into the officer, who was rushing to the scene with his gun drawn about 2 a.m. ET. "Mr. Cuevas ... ran full-speed into the officer," Commissioner Ray Kelly said, according to the New York Daily News. "The two became entangled, at which point, we believe, the officer accidentally discharged his weapon."

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/841445

PistolPackingMomma

Yup, "accidently". Because officers never make mistakes, they just have accidents. /sarcasm

Last edited:

papa bear

this does smell. 1. shot in the back, if they had ran into each other how was that possible?
2. police had time to set up outside of the door, why weren't they aware of what was going on? 3. why was his finger on the trigger? of course this could be chalked up to stupidity

i would love to see the video of this whole thing

davidmcbeth

Banned
If I lived in NYC I would be wearing a vest all time -- not for criminals -- but to protect me from the cops shooting me

MarkD51

If I lived in NYC I would be wearing a vest all time -- not for criminals -- but to protect me from the cops shooting me

Great idea! Think we can convince clown Bloomberg to issue such to NY Citizens?

Reminds me of a 3-Stooges episode, where they went to Mexico, and the local Citizens that were walking the streets had pillows tied to thier asses, to protect them from earthquakes.

MKEgal

What a choice to make...
stay where you are & deal with common street criminals, :eek:
or try to get away & maybe get shot by police. :mad:
I like what's behind door #3 - self-defense. :idea:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

In which case you would still be wearing the vest to protect yourself from criminals.

Just because NYPD or any government says they are "official", "legitimate", "duly empowered", etc., etc., does not make them less criminal.

Last edited:

shastadude17

Looks to me like complete negligence on part of the officer. Probably finger on the trigger and got startled as the guy ran out the door and slightly bumped into him. I didn't see any "barreling into" anybody in that video like they're trying to portray.

Dreamer

Man, the NYPD is on a roll lately. Good thing these guns are in the hands of "trained professionals." :mad:
Reynaldo Cuevas, 20, was shot once in the left shoulder when he bolted from his uncle's Bronx bodega and plowed into the officer, who was rushing to the scene with his gun drawn about 2 a.m. ET. "Mr. Cuevas ... ran full-speed into the officer," Commissioner Ray Kelly said, according to the New York Daily News. "The two became entangled, at which point, we believe, the officer negligently discharged his weapon."

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/841445

There, I fixed it for you... :rolleyes:

Freedom1Man

I think, that would be negligence and malpractice. Though it was just an accident, the clerk needs justice.

In the eyes of the courts the clerk did get justice. Death and enslavement are the only justice in the eyes of the government.

I agree with your thoughts though. If he died because a doctor made a mistake then the clerk's family would be getting paid. If the clerk died because of a peasant citizen making a mistake that citizen would be in jail and would be forced to pay up.

But cops get paid vacations and promotions for killing innocent citizens.