• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aldi's reverses policy - no longer prohibiting weapons

Freiheit417

Apparently, ALDI has decided to reverse their prohibition of weapons/firearms in their stores >> http://www.armedbadger.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4065&p=37030

Reference: Concern #204814

Dear Mr. nighthawk:

Thank you for your email.

ALDI follows the laws of each state in which we operate, including all states' concealed carry laws. In regards to posting signs in stores, ALDI follows the laws of each state in which we operate, and we do not post signs prohibiting weapons in our stores in states that allow concealed carry. This, however, is a recent change as we previously prohibited weapons in all stores.

Sincerely,

Sarah Ackermann
Oak Creek Division Operations Department

Why not drop them a note thanking them for realizing that signs do not keep bad people from doing bad things in their stores. There's an ALDI in my area that I have refused to patronize due to their (former) policy. I will now consider shopping there again.

Last edited:

papa bear

Sounds to me like they allow both open and conceal carry. Am I misreading?

Dear Mr. nighthawk:

Thank you for your email.

ALDI follows the laws of each state in which we operate, including all states' concealed carry laws. In regards to posting signs in stores, ALDI follows the laws of each state in which we operate, and we do not post signs prohibiting weapons in our stores in states that allow concealed carry. This, however, is a recent change as we previously prohibited weapons in all stores.

Sincerely,

Sarah Ackermann
Oak Creek Division Operations Department

thats the part that i see

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

ALDI follows the laws of each state in which we operate, including all states' concealed carry laws.

thats the part that i see

But doesn't the first part of that sentence mean that if OC is legal in that state they allow it also? It seems to say that they follow the laws regarding both OC and CC.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
But doesn't the first part of that sentence mean that if OC is legal in that state they allow it also? It seems to say that they follow the laws regarding both OC and CC.

Yes, this is how I read it as well, especially since they used the word "including." Only one way to find out for sure though...

papa bear

CC statements 2, oc statements 0

but hey i agree go ahead and OC, that's my preferred way to carry. you don't have to if you want. hopefully they will let you. the only Aldi's stores near me are 40 minutes in the wrong direction. but maybe i can try them, if i get there sometime. if you try it be sure to let us know

Freiheit417

I attribute the mention of "concealed" in that email to their ignorance of the laws (or lack thereof) pertaining to open carry rather than allowing only concealed carry. The bottom line is, they supposedly no longer post any signs prohibiting the carry of firearms. That's a good thing. In my state, that means it's now legal for me to carry there open or concealed.

IIRC, Cabela's used to post signs saying lawful concealed carry was allowed in their stores and later changed it to include open or concealed as allowed by state law. I suspect their customers educated them a bit. Many people, even "gunnies", still don't know OC is even legal in most states.

If I get a response from them with different wording, I will post it.