• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trial Sept 17, 2012 @ 3pm City of NLV

TigerLily

CNLV Case No. TR013367-12.
From the CNLV Courthouse online docket:
08/13/2012 TRIAL SCHEDULED Event: TRIAL Date: 09/17/2012 Time: 3:00 pm Judge: RAMSEY, CATHERINE Location: NORTH LAS VEGAS MUNICIPAL COURT DEPT. 1

This trial is for a helmet citation I got in CNLV.

I'm linking here the raw footage of that incident.

I did a few wrong things, but oh well, live and learn.

All the cops in South Nevada should be used to my legal helmets. However, I maintain that the only reason I was bullied was because I dared to open carry in the City of North Las Vegas.

Turn down the volume at the beginning cause my motorcycle is loud.

Thankfully my sunglasses recorded everything.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gTGSqWiF4c

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUpRC1iIDLg

FYI, this is a court of NON RECORD. I heard the retired Judge Vanlandschoot say during a trial at that courthouse that "The law does not matter in my court." And that is why so many unlawful acts take place in this top secret court of non-record. If you attend, expect to be stripped of all things electronic. No cell phones, cams, or any other electronic equipment allowed. Leave in your car or better yet, take advantage of the lockers they provide. Notice the demeanor of most of the Marshals, some are extremely harsh in their demeanor towards we the sheeple. If you sit in the lobby long enough, you might get to witness someone being cuffed because they were late to a hearing or for some other such nonsense in which no harm was cause by the suspect.

I asked the judge 'who would preside over my trial?' and she said that she would (Ramsey). I then asked if I could record my trial and she told me that theirs is a court of non-record and to "ask an attorney."

Last edited:

mbogo470

Have your attorney record the proceedings; they usually don't search attorneys entering courtrooms.

Good luck,
mbogo

Yard Sale

It's not a court of record, so no opening argument, no cross examination, no closing argument. Just show up with your notice of appeal of final judgement, appeal bond, and fees.

Don't waste your time arguing before a kangaroo court. Errors aren't even preserved for appeal.

This monkey business will continue until an appellate court rules in your favor. Then you can use that as leverage against the cities to stop harassing you.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Are you required to show up or can you just let them do their thing and wait for your appeal to a real court?

Or is it better to go and tell them you're just waiting for them to finish so you can take it to a real court? I like that one.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Wow! I've never seen anyone with Snell rated hair before! Seems like it's "argumentative" to me too.

No Snell approval required in NV, or most states (I can't think of one, but haven't researched it). In fact, NV doesn't require DOT approval, or any approval from anyone for "head protection." Read the definition of "hair" sometime.

You're right. Why are laws and cops so argumentative?

Last edited:

TigerLily

Have your attorney record the proceedings; they usually don't search attorneys entering courtrooms.

Good luck,
mbogo

I don't have an attorney. That would be a waste of $. Since it is a court of NON record, if found guilty, I can pay $12 to appeal and get a trial de novo and decide then, if an atty is warranted. I consider these trials as "dress rehearsals."

Thanks for the post.

TigerLily

It's not a court of record, so no opening argument, no cross examination, no closing argument. Just show up with your notice of appeal of final judgement, appeal bond, and fees.

Don't waste your time arguing before a kangaroo court. Errors aren't even preserved for appeal.

This monkey business will continue until an appellate court rules in your favor. Then you can use that as leverage against the cities to stop harassing you.

I actually have a planned "strategy." But I agree with your analysis. Thanks, Yardsale.

Yard Sale

Hmm, so the de novo trial will be held in the Eighth Judicial District Court?

NRS 5.073  Conformity of practice and proceedings to those of justice courts; exception; imposition and collection of fees.

1.  The practice and proceedings in the municipal court must conform, as nearly as practicable, to the practice and proceedings of justice courts in similar cases. An appeal perfected transfers the action to the district court for trial anew, unless the municipal court is designated as a court of record as provided in NRS 5.010. The municipal court must be treated and considered as a justice court whenever the proceedings thereof are called into question.

TigerLily

Are you required to show up or can you just let them do their thing and wait for your appeal to a real court?

Or is it better to go and tell them you're just waiting for them to finish so you can take it to a real court? I like that one.

Yes, I am REQUIRED to show up. Even showing up late will cause me to end up in cuffs.

I have a specific strategy that I'll reveal afterwards, unless you're able to attend.

Last edited:

TigerLily

No Snell approval required in NV, or most states (I can't think of one, but haven't researched it). In fact, NV doesn't require DOT approval, or any approval from anyone for "head protection." Read the definition of "hair" sometime.

You're right. Why are laws and cops so argumentative?

No such thing as "DOT-approved" in any state.

TigerLily

Hmm, so the de novo trial will be held in the Eighth Judicial District Court?

NRS 5.073  Conformity of practice and proceedings to those of justice courts; exception; imposition and collection of fees.

1.  The practice and proceedings in the municipal court must conform, as nearly as practicable, to the practice and proceedings of justice courts in similar cases. An appeal perfected transfers the action to the district court for trial anew, unless the municipal court is designated as a court of record as provided in NRS 5.010. The municipal court must be treated and considered as a justice court whenever the proceedings thereof are called into question.

Yes, it's in the 8th Judicial District Court. This will be my second appeal (if I appeal). At the first hearing where I was charged with obstruction, I was found guilty and for $12 I appealed and was found NOT GUILTY. Makes a difference if the proceedings are being recorded. I made one substantial mistake at that obstruction trial in NLV. Has to do with what I said that caused the judge to retaliate against me.

FYI, I represented myself on appeal as well. I was treated like ****, but in the end, I was found NOT GUILTY and that's all that matters to file my civil suit for being jailed for 24 hours without probable cause in that obstruction case.

Last edited:

Merlin

Is moral support invited? I was assuming that was part of your reason for posting, but then realized you didn't say so explicitly.

I'd like to make it if I can.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

TigerLily

Is moral support invited? I was assuming that was part of your reason for posting, but then realized you didn't say so explicitly.

I'd like to make it if I can.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely, moral support is always appreciated !! Thanks Merlin. Besides it will give you guys a first hand view of the shenanigans that take place in that top secret court of tyranny. No shorts or tank tops allowed in the courtroom. And you will be asked why you are there. Be prepared to get the boot if you just want to exercise your "right" to view a PUBLIC hearing.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
you generally can record a traffic case .. just ask the judge, he should have no objections....file a request to record .. if the judge turns you down, then plead not guilty and ask for a continuance to get a lawyer (then show w/o a lawyer next time and request again).

Also, most helmet laws have been found unconstitutional. Unlike the goofy notion that seatbelts (courts have ruled because they aid in control of the vehicle -- helmets dont do anything in this regard) are constitutional.

The cops was looking for illegal stuff in your purse, well beyond his authority ... you should have objected .. but you already knew that I think ..

Also, check state law .... a ticket may be required to be replaced with an information, upon demand to the DA. If so, do it!

The cop wasn't too bad .... IMO

jdholmes

That's what it looks, like, right? But there's more to the story and it has much more to do with my oc than with my helmet.

I really don't see that...

I also don't see why you thought you could plead the fifth on some of the things legally required of you...

...or why you put up a fuss about consenting to him looking at your VIN...he doesn't need consent to look at something in plain view, same as looking at your helmet from outside the case..."I don't even consent to you looking at it?". Funny...

... you are welcome to your opinion of course, everyone is.

Last edited: