• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Questions for discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

scot623

1.Would you comply if a LEO ordered you to remove your firearm from your holster and place it on the ground?
2. Do you ever open carry with your gun in your hand?
3. If you answered "yes" to either 1 or 2, do you fear being shot by the LEO for touching your gun in their presence?

Last edited:

TheQ

1. I'd keep my arms under my pits and tell him I don't consent to search and seizures of my property but I won't physically resist him if he takes my firearm.
2. Never in public or a public area. I have while walking down my driveway from my detached garage to my house -- while doing so it's in an IWB holster.

Raggs

1, Haven't given it much thought, I would like to think I would do what theQ stated
2. Possibly from my car in the driveway to the house, Or in hunting situation carrying my shotgun unloaded over my shoulder walking down street surrounded by hunting area.
3. I have never feared getting shot by LEO for touching my firearm.

stainless1911

Banned
1.Would you comply if a LEO ordered you to remove your firearm from your holster and place it on the ground?
3. If you answered "yes" to either 1 or 2, do you fear being shot by the LEO for touching your gun in their presence?

No

Yes. Once, because I had picked up a second gun that day, didnt have a holster, and didnt want to leave it in storage. Once because it would have been covered by a raincoat. And the last time, I had borrowed a jacket from my parents because it had gotten cold the other night, the jacket went down almost to the knees making it impossible to carry in holster without concealing. The jacket would not tuck behind the holster either. It was carry in hand, or go without.

Yes, but then again, I dont trust a cop not to shoot an OCer, because of the disdain I have seen for OC, how I have been treated by them and the courts, and because they have been known to injure and kill unarmed innocent civilians who were completely unarmed and usually compliant.

1. I'd keep my arms under my pits and tell him I don't consent to search and seizures of my property but I won't physically resist him if he takes my firearm.
2. Never in public or a public area. I have while walking down my driveway from my detached garage to my house -- while doing so it's in an IWB holster.

^ both of these. If I'm carrying holstered, and have something like a bag in hand, I put in my right hand. If not, I just cross my arms. I don't OC in hand in public either. The times I have, were either LGOC, or to avoid breaking an unconstitutional law.

Even if I were improperly charged and subsequently convicted of a brandishing charge that I wasn't guilty of, it would still be better than being charged and convicted of a felonious CCW.

Last edited:

Evil Creamsicle

1. No. In fact I have been in this situation, and did pretty much what Q stated, except I raised my arms up, hands behind my head, to make sure there was no mistaking that it was the cop grabbing the gun and not me.
2. I have only done this between my car in the driveway and my front door of my house, and even then only usually late at night when there is nobody around.
3. Most of the time, no, but if it is during an LEO interaction or detainment, yes, absolutely, especially when these officers are already proving themselves criminals by attempting to feloniously disarm you.

Tucker6900

1) No. I would keep my hands in front of me, more than likely holding my camera. And given the fact that more than likely he is approaching me for the simple fact that I am open carrying, I would not allow him to remove my firearm. As I have broken no law, and his attempts at seizing my property would be a crime.

2) Only my A4.

3) Gun or not, I fear being shot by police more than getting attacked by a terrorist.

Last edited:

HKcarrier

1.) Keep my hands in my pits, or up maybe behind my head...

2.) No I do not IHOC. Going in or out of the house to vehicle, I don't consider OC... that's just regular handling of the firearm. Unholstering to switch holsters or do a press check, or whatever reason is not openly carrying to me.

DanM

scot623 said:
No, absolutely no. I would raise my hands up and reply, "For my own safety, I am not touching my weapon. I don't consent to search or seizure, but I won't resist you taking my weapon."

scot623 said:
No. I do not want to contribute to any misunderstanding that could get me shot.

scot623 said:

I didn't answer yes to either one, but if I had I would definitely also acknowledge the real rise in potential of a misunderstanding occurring from which I could be shot.

SpringerXDacp

1. Yes, unless....See (3.)

2. No, entirely unnecessary if you have a holster.

3. No, (unless he, she or they are at low-ready).

griffin

I would not allow him to remove my firearm.
How would you stop him?

lurk5.gif

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator

1. Depends upon the circumstances surrounding the situation.
2. Yes or No; Depends upon the definition of "Open Carry".
3. Depends upon the circumstances surrounding the situation.

B

Bikenut

ENOUGH ALREADY! While there are some folks who think it is cool to keep the Stainless bashing going I'm tired of it! And don't even try to say that #2 and #3 are not thinly disguised digs at Stainless because it is so obvious that even Obama would love to lay claim to the transparency of it.

I firmly believe folks should be able to speak their minds... but to all those who have some kind of urinating contest with Neil... it is way past time to stop!

ENOUGH ALREADY!

And Neil?

ENOUGH ALREADY!
... stop with the intentionally provocative posts hoping to get the exact reaction that you are getting from those who have a problem with you... just so you get your attention fix for the day.

If not for my sake..if not for the sake of this forum... then please, PLEASE!!!, stop the bickering between yourselves for the sake of the right to bear arms!!!!

HKcarrier

BikeNut said:
ENOUGH ALREADY![/SIZE][/B] ... stop with the intentionally provocative posts hoping to get the exact reaction that you are getting from those who have a problem with you... just so you get your attention fix for the day.

Sorry, it won't happen. He's been asked MANY times recently. He eats it up.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by scot623

ENOUGH ALREADY! While there are some folks who think it is cool to keep the Stainless bashing going I'm tired of it! And don't even try to say that #2 and #3 are not thinly disguised digs at Stainless because it is so obvious that even Obama would love to lay claim to the transparency of it.

I firmly believe folks should be able to speak their minds... but to all those who have some kind of urinating contest with Neil... it is way past time to stop!

ENOUGH ALREADY!

And Neil?

ENOUGH ALREADY!
... stop with the intentionally provocative posts hoping to get the exact reaction that you are getting from those who have a problem with you... just so you get your attention fix for the day.

If not for my sake..if not for the sake of this forum... then please, PLEASE!!!, stop the bickering between yourselves for the sake of the right to bear arms!!!!

Good advice frequently goes unheeded when such does not fit in the agenda.

Even this thread stands as a testament to that, but still looking to see if the simple dictum of discussing facts w/o the personality issues can prevail - hope does burn eternal.......but I'm not holding my breath either. Disappointing.

Get2DahChopper

No

Yes. Once, because I had picked up a second gun that day, didnt have a holster, and didnt want to leave it in storage. Once because it would have been covered by a raincoat. And the last time, I had borrowed a jacket from my parents because it had gotten cold the other night, the jacket went down almost to the knees making it impossible to carry in holster without concealing. The jacket would not tuck behind the holster either. It was carry in hand, or go without.

Yes, but then again, I dont trust a cop not to shoot an OCer, because of the disdain I have seen for OC, how I have been treated by them and the courts, and because they have been known to injure and kill unarmed innocent civilians who were completely unarmed and usually compliant.

^ both of these. If I'm carrying holstered, and have something like a bag in hand, I put in my right hand. If not, I just cross my arms. I don't OC in hand in public either. The times I have, were either LGOC, or to avoid breaking an unconstitutional law.

Even if I were improperly charged and subsequently convicted of a brandishing charge that I wasn't guilty of, it would still be better than being charged and convicted of a felonious CCW.

If memory serves correct, you posted in the past that you handed your pistol to a cop in a gas station? If so please modify your answer. You may have forgotten maybe? It stuck in my head because I thougt his command to you was going to give him a excuse to shoot you.

Last edited:

Tucker6900

How would you stop him?

lurk5.gif

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).
I have the right as a citizen to resist any unlawful action taken against my person or property. And seeing as how board rules dont allow it, and Grapeshot has been on a moderating rampage, I will not post details.

And if that fails to help you, please read the quote in my signature....

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tucker6900

I would not allow him to remove my firearm.
How would you stop him?

lurk5.gif
I have the right as a citizen to resist any unlawful action taken against my person or property. And seeing as how board rules dont allow it, and Grapeshot has been on a moderating rampage, I will not post details.

And if that fails to help you, please read the quote in my signature....

One has the right to resist in a lawful manner, although there are only few that will endorse a physical response when less volatile, legal recourse is available. Insofar as forum rules don't allow it, I can only presume you mean in violation of some law, although your sig line does not suggest a violation of law.

Each of us are charged with moderating as part of the privilege of posting here. If I have been on a "rampage" which I would dispute, then you must be reading posts that violate the TOS and should be reported as a matter of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.