• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Press bias showing v. gun shows????

Dave Workman

You be the judge, but __ and this will get the attention of Starks, Beal, Smith and the other WAC stalwarts — there are some curious things about this story relating to the shooting of a WSP trooper last winter.

Did press bias burst forth in coverage about trooper murder weapon?

Has press bias against gun shows burst forth in coverage appearing in several Puget Sound-area newspapers regarding the source of the murder weapon used by cop-killer Joshua Blake in February against State Trooper Tony Radulescu?

http://www.examiner.com/article/did...e-about-trooper-murder-weapon?cid=db_articles

hermannr

You be the judge, but __ and this will get the attention of Starks, Beal, Smith and the other WAC stalwarts — there are some curious things about this story relating to the shooting of a WSP trooper last winter.

Did press bias burst forth in coverage about trooper murder weapon?

Has press bias against gun shows burst forth in coverage appearing in several Puget Sound-area newspapers regarding the source of the murder weapon used by cop-killer Joshua Blake in February against State Trooper Tony Radulescu?

http://www.examiner.com/article/did...e-about-trooper-murder-weapon?cid=db_articles

It seems to me that all of the secondary transactions are totally irrelevant to how Mr. Blake obtained the weapon. There is one relevant transaction...the one that actually put the weapon in his hands...and then that even isn't really relevant because, if he want a firearm, and could obtain one legally, he would have obtained it illegally.

What does it matter if the transaction was at a gun show, or not? That is not how prohibited people obtain weapons.

amlevin

Regardless of any bias issues this article may raise, it does point out the benefit of using the State Provided "transfer form" that you can use when selling a pistol.

It can divert those who are investigating the "history" of a pistol used in a crime to the party you sold it to. Let them knock on his door, not yours.

Of course you can always try the "it was stolen" or "lost in a boating accident" ruse but with the Government being pressured by the anti's to put more controls on guns, expect more calls of visits asking about a gun they found at the scene of a crime. If you sell a pistol, just fill out the form and send it to the state. Then there won't be any blame placed on Gun Shows.

When I turned over my "magic 8-Ball" recently it said "expect FFL transfers only". Anyone want to wager whether or not we'll see that legislation introduced soon?

Jayd1981

From the seattletimes story (http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2019112121_trooperkilling10m.html):

An ATF agent "explained to him the value of holding onto those records so he wouldn't have to remember the different sales," the documents say

That shows some bias to me. There is no legal requirement for a private seller to keep a single shred of documentation. From the story, the guy cooperated with every request from the ATF. I do not see their need to lecture him on procedures that the private citizen has to requirement to comply with what so ever.

Dave_pro2a

From the seattletimes story (http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2019112121_trooperkilling10m.html):

An ATF agent "explained to him the value of holding onto those records so he wouldn't have to remember the different sales," the documents say

That shows some bias to me. There is no legal requirement for a private seller to keep a single shred of documentation. From the story, the guy cooperated with every request from the ATF. I do not see their need to lecture him on procedures that the private citizen has to requirement to comply with what so ever.

Screw media bias. This entire ball of crap stinks of the ATF's heavy boot applying pressure to individuals and the media... to get the anti-gun spin they desire.

J1MB0B

Regardless of any bias issues this article may raise, it does point out the benefit of using the State Provided "transfer form" that you can use when selling a pistol.

It can divert those who are investigating the "history" of a pistol used in a crime to the party you sold it to. Let them knock on his door, not yours.

Of course you can always try the "it was stolen" or "lost in a boating accident" ruse but with the Government being pressured by the anti's to put more controls on guns, expect more calls of visits asking about a gun they found at the scene of a crime. If you sell a pistol, just fill out the form and send it to the state. Then there won't be any blame placed on Gun Shows.

When I turned over my "magic 8-Ball" recently it said "expect FFL transfers only". Anyone want to wager whether or not we'll see that legislation introduced soon?

You can protect yourself by just keeping a copy of a bill of sale. I do this and don't plan on handing anything over until they show me a warrant or a court order. No need to send it to the state for a gun registry aka confiscation list. I read somewhere that Canada and Australia enacted laws that forced their citizens to register their guns with promises that the registry would never be used to take away the guns. A few years after the registries were done, the gov't outlaws the guns and uses the registry as a list to go get them. Don't remember where I read this but I will try to find it.

Last edited: