Thread: Hollywood’s evolving take on gun rights

Hollywood’s evolving take on gun rights

In 1999, back when the Brady Campaign was upfront about their goals and called themselves Handgun Control, Inc., they ran a full page ad in USA Today entitled “Open Letter to the National Rifle Association.”

The letter called for a nationwide “one handgun a month” rule, waiting periods for handgun purchases, an end to private sales, and a complete and permanent ban on so-called “assault weapons” as well as normal capacity magazines.

Signing this “open letter” were dozens of Hollywood stars and media personalities.

But a new era appears to be dawning in Hollywood, with many stars voicing their support for gun rights.

Read more at http://monachuslex.com/?p=1912

Good read, Thanks! That Angelina won a lot of points with me. I'd like to see that shooting range. Is the range worth 400,000.? My guess is yes. I imagine their house would be considerably more. I wonder what a 400,000.00 private range looks like.

P.S. Googled it, the range is worth 400 k., complete with an armory and pop up human (looking) targets.
    Last edited by hjmoosejaw; 09-11-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    watch your top knot !

Quote Originally Posted by hjmoosejaw View Post
    Good read, Thanks! That Angelina won a lot of points with me. I'd like to see that shooting range. Is the range worth 400,000.? My guess is yes. I imagine their house would be considerably more. I wonder what a 400,000.00 private range looks like.

P.S. Googled it, the range is worth 400 k., complete with an armory and pop up human (looking) targets.
    So jealous.

What Brad Pitt surprised me. I thought he was an anti.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Brad Pitt being pro-2A surprised me as well. Another surprising pro-2A celeb is Ben Affleck. Never would have thought considering his association with anti-gun tards such as Matt Damon.

Quote Originally Posted by shastadude17 View Post
    Brad Pitt being pro-2A surprised me as well. Another surprising pro-2A celeb is Ben Affleck. Never would have thought considering his association with anti-gun tards such as Matt Damon.
    I might be going off topic here, but can we really still consider Ben Affleck a "celeb"?

Quote Originally Posted by mwaterous View Post
    I might be going off topic here, but can we really still consider Ben Affleck a "celeb"?
    IMO, he was never a celeb. Pitt, and Jolie are a pleasant surprise.--they are pro a couple of things that I support.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Pro-gun folks who vote for anti-gun folks = dichotomy.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Kudos to Ice-T for mentioning the real reason for the 2A.

Guns are popular right now, look how many shows are on TV dealing with gun sales, gun shooting, Prepping etc.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Ice T did say that the 2A is in the Constitution so that we citizens can protect ourselves from the po-leece.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Ice T did say that the 2A is in the Constitution so that we citizens can protect ourselves from the po-leece.
    Because he realizes the politicians are going to personally get their hands dirty in coming after you they hire henchmen for that. Then tell us that it's for our own good.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)