• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hollywood’s evolving take on gun rights

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
In 1999, back when the Brady Campaign was upfront about their goals and called themselves Handgun Control, Inc., they ran a full page ad in USA Today entitled “Open Letter to the National Rifle Association.”

The letter called for a nationwide “one handgun a month” rule, waiting periods for handgun purchases, an end to private sales, and a complete and permanent ban on so-called “assault weapons” as well as normal capacity magazines.

Signing this “open letter” were dozens of Hollywood stars and media personalities.

But a new era appears to be dawning in Hollywood, with many stars voicing their support for gun rights.

Read more at http://monachuslex.com/?p=1912

hjmoosejaw

Good read, Thanks! That Angelina won a lot of points with me. I'd like to see that shooting range. Is the range worth 400,000.? My guess is yes. I imagine their house would be considerably more. I wonder what a 400,000.00 private range looks like.

P.S. Googled it, the range is worth 400 k., complete with an armory and pop up human (looking) targets.

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Good read, Thanks! That Angelina won a lot of points with me. I'd like to see that shooting range. Is the range worth 400,000.? My guess is yes. I imagine their house would be considerably more. I wonder what a 400,000.00 private range looks like.

P.S. Googled it, the range is worth 400 k., complete with an armory and pop up human (looking) targets.

So jealous. :)

shastadude17

Brad Pitt being pro-2A surprised me as well. Another surprising pro-2A celeb is Ben Affleck. Never would have thought considering his association with anti-gun tards such as Matt Damon.

mwaterous

Brad Pitt being pro-2A surprised me as well. Another surprising pro-2A celeb is Ben Affleck. Never would have thought considering his association with anti-gun tards such as Matt Damon.

I might be going off topic here, but can we really still consider Ben Affleck a "celeb"? :D

sudden valley gunner

Kudos to Ice-T for mentioning the real reason for the 2A.

Guns are popular right now, look how many shows are on TV dealing with gun sales, gun shooting, Prepping etc.