Thread: Man Questioned for Ammo Purchase

Man Questioned for Ammo Purchase

when i saw this, i questioned it mainly i wondered what state he was in. if you can figure it out let me know

what are your thoughts

http://www.prisonplanet.com/man-inve....html#comments
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Brian Loftus appears to be in Rhode Island and he may be a Oath Keeper, of the tinfoil hat wing of the Oath keepers.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/p...unition-2.html

Towards the bottom there are two linked YouTube videos.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I love how just about everybody commenting, writing, wringing their hands over the reporting to the Po-lice seems to think it was some employee of the gun store who dropped the dime. Apparently reading comprehension has dipped to another new low:

Loftus said the police told him someone who was in the gun store while he made the purchase who works for the Chief of Police reported Loftus to make sure he “wasn’t going to do something crazy.”
    We seriously need a facepalm smiley on OCDO.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

And the moral of this story is? Buy your ammo online.
    Maybe someone has a better moral.

Wheel of morality turn turn turn tell us the moral that we are to learn.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    And the moral of this story is? Buy your ammo online.
    Maybe someone has a better moral.

Wheel of morality turn turn turn tell us the moral that we are to learn.
    Or just hang up the phone .. thats what I do if anyone unwanted calls ... police, politicians, obama .... hello? yes this is the police and we would like to ask you some questions. Hello, is anybody there. dial tone...

The Article Stated In Part..

It was interesting to read..

"The Associated Press attempted to whitewash the Social Security Administration’s recent purchase of 174,000 bullets while completely ignoring a far larger purchase by the DHS which totaled over 1.4 billion bullets."
    Reading the above as written, why would one want to purchase that many "BULLETS"..!!..?

I mean after all, it doesn't do any good to have bullets if you don't have the corresponding cases, primers, powder and the associated loading equipment to go with them. Of course, the way our government spends money....

FireStar M40
    Why you never pick a fight with a old man.

Seeing they're too old and tired to fight,

they'll just shoot your butt instead.

I'm a "OLD MAN"!

Banned
    I hope the FBI is investigating the billion rounds that DHS ordered ... oh wait, no they aint...

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Brian Loftus appears to be in Rhode Island and he may be a Oath Keeper, of the tinfoil hat wing of the Oath keepers.

If he was questioned about a simple ammo purchase, how tinfoil hat wing could he be?

Were they foil-piercing bullets?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by DKSuddeth View Post
    If he was questioned about a simple ammo purchase, how tinfoil hat wing could he be?
    Did you watch the videos? Just cuz you is right don't me you ain't just a tad off plumb about being right.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I love how just about everybody commenting, writing, wringing their hands over the reporting to the Po-lice seems to think it was some employee of the gun store who dropped the dime. Apparently reading comprehension has dipped to another new low:

We seriously need a facepalm smiley on OCDO.

stay safe.
    Police lie ALL THE TIME........

They want to 'protect their sources'.

I had a D.O.C. dickhead call me about an acquaintance, and when I inquired HOW he got my contact information (it wasn't from the acquaintance), he wanted to give me the runaround about how he can't disclose that information. I know exactly who he got it from, and outright lied to me when I asked him if it was 'so and so'.....
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Actually he's in Maine and yes he IS an Oath Keeper. He's just a hard working commercial fisherman who didn't bother to dress up for his utube debut. What is it that that makes him a tin hatter? Show me a group (including this one) that does NOT have tin hatters.
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” ― Plato

Plato knew this yet today's antis still don't get it!

Join the fight for freedom
    Oathkeepers

Banned
    I had treasury agents ask me "what type and how many guns do you own" and I answered back "You'll find out soon enough" ... the older agent laughed, the younger one jumped up and down all pissed off.

"why you need so many bullets?" .. so you can shoot more people duh.

In actuality, in Korea it was 20,000 rounds per enemy kill ... in Vietnam, it was 1 million ... (M14 a better rifle than M16???)

So one needs a lot of ammo to begin with. 1000 rds sounds like a lot, until you actually need to shoot something, then you never have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I had treasury agents ask me "what type and how many guns do you own" and I answered back "You'll find out soon enough" ... the older agent laughed, the younger one jumped up and down all pissed off.

"why you need so many bullets?" .. so you can shoot more people duh.

In actuality, in Korea it was 20,000 rounds per enemy kill ... in Vietnam, it was 1 million ... (M14 a better rifle than M16???)

So one needs a lot of ammo to begin with. 1000 rds sounds like a lot, until you actually need to shoot something, then you never have enough.
    The M-14 was not in service during Korea (1950-1953). It was put in service in 1959 and stayed in service through the 60's.

The Korean War armory included the M-1 Garand, M-1 & M-2 carbines, 1928 Thompson, M-3 .45 "Grease Gun", M-2 .50 BMG "Ma Duece", M-1917 & M 1919 .30 cal tripod mounted machine guns, M-1918 BAR, Model 1911, Model 1917 revolver, etc..

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Accomplished Advocate
    Did you watch the videos? Just cuz you is right don't me you ain't just a tad off plumb about being right.
    no, didn't watch the video. i'm just thinking that I get called on about the tinfoil hat thing alot because of my 'paranoia' about the police, so I applied it to the OP.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    The M-14 was not in service during Korea (1950-1953). It was put in service in 1959 and stayed in service through the 60's.

The Korean War armory included the M-1 Garand, M-1 & M-2 carbines, 1928 Thompson, M-3 .45 "Grease Gun", M-2 .50 BMG "Ma Duece", M-1917 & M 1919 .30 cal tripod mounted machine guns, M-1918 BAR, Model 1911, Model 1917 revolver, etc..

I thought the M14 was brought on at the end of Korea .. if not, my mistkate

My initial thought was 56-57 but I looked it up. I didn't have to look up the rest. I had relatives who were there.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

It was in the early '50s, after Korea. It was our version of the FN FAL, the "right arm of the free world." Where did you get the "million rounds in VN" statistic?
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V