• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Questioned for Ammo Purchase

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I love how just about everybody commenting, writing, wringing their hands over the reporting to the Po-lice seems to think it was some employee of the gun store who dropped the dime. Apparently reading comprehension has dipped to another new low:

Loftus said the police told him someone who was in the gun store while he made the purchase who works for the Chief of Police reported Loftus to make sure he “wasn’t going to do something crazy.”

We seriously need a facepalm smiley on OCDO.

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
And the moral of this story is? Buy your ammo online.
Maybe someone has a better moral.

Wheel of morality turn turn turn tell us the moral that we are to learn.

Or just hang up the phone .. thats what I do if anyone unwanted calls ... police, politicians, obama .... hello? yes this is the police and we would like to ask you some questions. Hello, is anybody there. dial tone...

FireStar M40

The Article Stated In Part..

It was interesting to read..

"The Associated Press attempted to whitewash the Social Security Administration’s recent purchase of 174,000 bullets while completely ignoring a far larger purchase by the DHS which totaled over 1.4 billion bullets."

Reading the above as written, why would one want to purchase that many "BULLETS"..!!..? :confused:

I mean after all, it doesn't do any good to have bullets if you don't have the corresponding cases, primers, powder and the associated loading equipment to go with them. Of course, the way our government spends money....

FireStar M40

TechnoWeenie

I love how just about everybody commenting, writing, wringing their hands over the reporting to the Po-lice seems to think it was some employee of the gun store who dropped the dime. Apparently reading comprehension has dipped to another new low:

We seriously need a facepalm smiley on OCDO.

stay safe.

Police lie ALL THE TIME........

They want to 'protect their sources'.

I had a D.O.C. dickhead call me about an acquaintance, and when I inquired HOW he got my contact information (it wasn't from the acquaintance), he wanted to give me the runaround about how he can't disclose that information. I know exactly who he got it from, and outright lied to me when I asked him if it was 'so and so'.....

Maine Expat

Brian Loftus appears to be in Rhode Island and he may be a Oath Keeper, of the tinfoil hat wing of the Oath keepers.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...ate-man-investigated-buying-ammunition-2.html

Towards the bottom there are two linked YouTube videos.

Actually he's in Maine and yes he IS an Oath Keeper. He's just a hard working commercial fisherman who didn't bother to dress up for his utube debut. What is it that that makes him a tin hatter? Show me a group (including this one) that does NOT have tin hatters.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I had treasury agents ask me "what type and how many guns do you own" and I answered back "You'll find out soon enough" ... the older agent laughed, the younger one jumped up and down all pissed off.

"why you need so many bullets?" .. so you can shoot more people duh.

In actuality, in Korea it was 20,000 rounds per enemy kill ... in Vietnam, it was 1 million ... (M14 a better rifle than M16???)

So one needs a lot of ammo to begin with. 1000 rds sounds like a lot, until you actually need to shoot something, then you never have enough.

OldCurlyWolf

I had treasury agents ask me "what type and how many guns do you own" and I answered back "You'll find out soon enough" ... the older agent laughed, the younger one jumped up and down all pissed off.

"why you need so many bullets?" .. so you can shoot more people duh.

In actuality, in Korea it was 20,000 rounds per enemy kill ... in Vietnam, it was 1 million ... (M14 a better rifle than M16???)

So one needs a lot of ammo to begin with. 1000 rds sounds like a lot, until you actually need to shoot something, then you never have enough.

The M-14 was not in service during Korea (1950-1953). It was put in service in 1959 and stayed in service through the 60's.

The Korean War armory included the M-1 Garand, M-1 & M-2 carbines, 1928 Thompson, M-3 .45 "Grease Gun", M-2 .50 BMG "Ma Duece", M-1917 & M 1919 .30 cal tripod mounted machine guns, M-1918 BAR, Model 1911, Model 1917 revolver, etc..

:cool:

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
Did you watch the videos? Just cuz you is right don't me you ain't just a tad off plumb about being right.

no, didn't watch the video. i'm just thinking that I get called on about the tinfoil hat thing alot because of my 'paranoia' about the police, so I applied it to the OP.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The M-14 was not in service during Korea (1950-1953). It was put in service in 1959 and stayed in service through the 60's.

The Korean War armory included the M-1 Garand, M-1 & M-2 carbines, 1928 Thompson, M-3 .45 "Grease Gun", M-2 .50 BMG "Ma Duece", M-1917 & M 1919 .30 cal tripod mounted machine guns, M-1918 BAR, Model 1911, Model 1917 revolver, etc..

:cool:

I thought the M14 was brought on at the end of Korea .. if not, my mistkate