Thread: Hollywood Hypocrite: Karl Urban as Judge Dredd

Hollywood Hypocrite: Karl Urban as Judge Dredd

Hot on the heels of yesterday’s column about Hollywood’s evolving take on gun rights, comes the tale of yet another star who profits greatly from glorifying guns in film while apparently embracing gun control for all us ordinary mortals.

The star in this case is New Zealand born actor Karl Urban. While not yet what you would call an A-list star, his career is definitely up-and-coming.

Read more at http://monachuslex.com/?p=1933
    Last edited by John Pierce; 09-11-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Banned
    I knew you'd say that !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I knew you'd say that !
    I rarely literally LOL at posts, but that was one of them. Well played!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Of course statist like movies like Judge Dredd, streamline "justice" and give the enforcers the powers of prosecution, jury, judge and executioner. Reminds me of Ian Birk.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Of course statist like movies like Judge Dredd, streamline "justice" and give the enforcers the powers of prosecution, jury, judge and executioner. Reminds me of Ian Birk.
    Speaking of such, there is a show airing on TNT called "Major Crimes", which prominently features a bitter looking brunette woman who frequently says things like "You want to arrest them, I want to walk them straight to their cells and throw away the key!" and similar bile. Every time I see one of the spots for the show I can feel my BP rising...

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    It would be a perfect world.... As long as I was the judge I mean.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand