• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hollywood Hypocrite: Karl Urban as Judge Dredd

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Hot on the heels of yesterday’s column about Hollywood’s evolving take on gun rights, comes the tale of yet another star who profits greatly from glorifying guns in film while apparently embracing gun control for all us ordinary mortals.

The star in this case is New Zealand born actor Karl Urban. While not yet what you would call an A-list star, his career is definitely up-and-coming.

Read more at http://monachuslex.com/?p=1933

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Of course statist like movies like Judge Dredd, streamline "justice" and give the enforcers the powers of prosecution, jury, judge and executioner. Reminds me of Ian Birk.

PistolPackingMomma

Of course statist like movies like Judge Dredd, streamline "justice" and give the enforcers the powers of prosecution, jury, judge and executioner. Reminds me of Ian Birk.

Speaking of such, there is a show airing on TNT called "Major Crimes", which prominently features a bitter looking brunette woman who frequently says things like "You want to arrest them, I want to walk them straight to their cells and throw away the key!" and similar bile. Every time I see one of the spots for the show I can feel my BP rising...