• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun on a golf course ?

Lord Sega

Unbelievable that a broken window leads to shotgun blasts...

LINK

So instead of the golfer paying for a new window, the homeowner will pay criminally & civilly.
I just don't understand how people think nowadays... what happened to manners, civility, and common sense?

Loosing faith in humanity, little bit each day...

Merlin

To answer the subject line...

I do. In case I am the golfer.

Gotta be careful in the way that question is worded. Every law abiding citizen "needs a gun at X". They just need to remember to be the LAC, not the criminal.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Nevada carrier

Another retard that makes good, honest, law abiding gun owners look like maniacs. I hope they throw the book at this guy so his children can learn what happens when you abuse your RKBA. If you live on a golf course, you know things like this can and probably will happen, and if you can't afford the hassle, you shouldn't be living there. Yes the golfers were liable for their errant balls, but the penalty shouldn't be a gunshot wound or their life.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I hit an eagle once. But I damn sure didn't stop the car afterward...

ThunderRanch

There's a golf course not far from me called "The Guantlet". I always picture the Hatfields and McCoys on either side of a long par 5................

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Paul En Noir

To answer the subject line...

I do. In case I am the golfer.

Gotta be careful in the way that question is worded. Every law abiding citizen "needs a gun at X". They just need to remember to be the LAC, not the criminal.

Totally agreed. However, when I think golf course, I think country club type atmosphere. The kind of cross between refined class and the great outdoors where I don't need to open carry (causes me to hook, with the inclination to swing wide to avoid hitting the bulge on my hip).
But holy crap, apparently, there's psychos on the course too. And that doesn't seem like a snap judgement, which would warrant a sympathetic view. I mean, it's one thing to get slugged in a bar by a ******, and in direct response draw on someone who would otherwise sober up and feel like a dick. That's impulse and heat of the moment... But to hear your window break, determine what and who broke it, get your gun (load it if need be), get into aiming position, and still think it's a good idea to shoot takes a real piece of work.
That said, next time I go out golfing, I think a holster on a luggage strap secured to my bag is in order.

nevetsjr

Good application for an SOB (small-of-the-back) holster.

I would never recommend a small of the back holster - chunk of metal next to your spine... one slip and if you fall on your back - permanent back problems for life. Numerous Police Officers and others who have carried that way have ended up disabled for life because a slip and fall with a SOB holster.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Hard to say "never" especially when you didn't offer an alternative.

I'm not a golfer, but I can't think of another holster that wouldn't more significantly interfere with playing the game.

I'd take the risk of an SOB before being unarmed.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Don't you know it is illegal to carry a club as a defensive weapon in NV?