• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do I go about establishing a LOCAL chapter?

James F.

Can any of you LOCAL guys let me know how I can get a LOCAL chapter established in my area? Is there a fee? Do I have to have a certain number of people to form a chapter?

georg jetson

Can any of you LOCAL guys let me know how I can get a LOCAL chapter established in my area? Is there a fee? Do I have to have a certain number of people to form a chapter?

Well... come on over to LOCAL and introduce yourself. We've already established a chapter in North Louisiana. Perhaps you could get involved with those guys.

LOCAL's website... Laopencarry.org

Here's the meeting thread: http://laopencarry.freeforums.org/t...eeting-is-still-on-for-wed-the-5th-t1162.html

I'm sure Speedy(Herohog) will welcome you!!!

Last edited:

James F.

I just got registered!! Id like to get a chapter started in my area to keep from having to drive 2 or 3 hours to make a meeting. I have several people interested in joining LOCAL. I want to do whatever I can to help the cause.

HeroHog

A Monroe/Northeast chapter would be a good thing IMHO and I support it! You need to get enough members in your area to have a Chapter President, Vice-President, and a Secretary & Treasurer (Can be one person filling both positions) at the minimum. You will also need to have enough ACTIVE members who will show up for meetings so that you can have quorum when voting on issues (6 or so paid members will do fine).

Please feel free to contact me and I will help in any way I can in getting a chapter established in that area of the state!

James F.

Thanks HeroHog! My community is basically right in the middle of 8 small towns. So I feel we would be a pretty active LOCAL chapter. As of now, myself and cousin OC. I have two soon to be pistol owners who are eager to start OC. And a few other interested people.

HeroHog

Exactly where are you? I can see a chapter centered in Monroe (Meeting there) or even in Ruston as those two cities are the biggest communities in their respective areas (North-central, Northeast). The chapters probably weren't intended to be broken down into much smaller units but that will best be answered by the main body as they are the final arbitrators of such things although I would LOVE it if there were enough demand to have a chapter in every city!

James F.

I live in Sicily island. We're about 60 miles away from Monroe and I believe about 100 miles away from Ruston. I didn't know if chapters could be established in smaller areas like mine. I was just hoping so because it's easier to spread the word about open carry around here and we're not far away from several towns; Winnsboro, wisner, ferriday, Harrisonburg, jonesville, Harrisonburg, and the list goes on. If it would be possible I'd like to get a chapter started to gain supporters in the smaller communities that won't be able to drive as far as ruston. I feel it kind of hinders support they could be gaining in these areas by not diversifying and being able to create more chapters. If it's at all possible Id like to start a chapter, but if it's not allowed then that's fine too. LOCAL will always have my support!