• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

my first glock

hjmoosejaw

Congrats on your new G-word. I'm a Sig man and she's in the room, so I have to be careful what I say. LOL! I've never had a chance to shoot one. But they must be a hell of a gun. Biggest selling pistol, right?....just checked, ChaCha says the G-word 23 is the biggest selling gun in the world.

Last edited:

Nascar24Glock

i got a glock 19c the other day amd love it. a guy gave it to me and a bunch of gear for my px4.

Welcome to the Glock world! If you ever decide that you want a .40 cal that can be easily-concealed, you should check out the Glock 27.

Now, just a bit of advice. You may already know this; but, all three safeties on Glock handguns are disabled automatically by pulling the trigger. So, essentially, your finger is your safety. In other words, keep your bugger hooker off the bang switch until you're ready for it to go bang :uhoh: ! While that's true for any gun, it is especially important for Glocks.

Last edited:

chris829

Welcome to the Glock world! If you ever decide that you want a .40 cal that can be easily-concealed, you should check out the Glock 27.

Now, just a bit of advice. You may already know this; but, all three safeties on Glock handguns are disabled automatically by pulling the trigger. So, essentially, your finger is your safety. In other words, keep your bugger hooker off the bang switch until you're ready for it to go bang :uhoh: ! While that's true for any gun, it is especially important for Glocks.

my hand is way too big for sub compact handguns lol

Freedom1Man

Look up the 25cent trigger job and do that to your Glock parts.

It really cleans up the trigger pull and only takes a dremel and ruse.

BTW I carry 2 of those Glocks the 21 and the 23.

chris829

already had a trigger job and a 3.5# connector.
605F1269-1C80-4E0C-9963-BCF65D86CC90-250-0000001027D01A86.jpg

859D165B-A2B1-4FD5-947F-62D11505D9A9-1177-000000D1854DEFFE.jpg

Last edited:

Gil223

i got a glock 19c the other day amd love it. a guy gave it to me and a bunch of gear for my px4.

Congratulations, and welcome to the wonderful world of Glock pistols! Sounds like you made a good win-win deal - you both got what you wanted (and Beretta makes a fine pistol - but it "ain't no Glock"). I own a G17, G23 and G26 (and an undisclosed amount of others, of various makes and models), and IMHO there is not a more reliable self-feeder made. Glocks were substituted for my steel Kahr K-9 as my primary carry gun, so now I alternate between the 23 and 26. Glocks are quick, accurate, and (in my personal experience) they will digest anything you put in them. Arguably, the only "shortcoming" folks seem to be able to see with the Glock line, is their lack of an external safety - which I don't see as a problem as long as the operator knows that he/she is the primary safety. Pax...

Last edited:

Nascar24Glock

Congratulations, and welcome to the wonderful world of Glock pistols! Sounds like you made a good win-win deal - you both got what you wanted (and Beretta makes a fine pistol - but it "ain't no Glock"). I own a G17, G23 and G26 (and an undisclosed amount of others, of various makes and models), and IMHO there is not a more reliable self-feeder made. Glocks were substituted for my steel Kahr K-9 as my primary carry gun, so now I alternate between the 23 and 26. Glocks are quick, accurate, and (in my personal experience) they will digest anything you put in them. Arguably, the only "shortcoming" folks seem to be able to see with the Glock line, is their lack of an external safety- which I don't see as a problem as long as the operator knows that he/she is the primary safety. Pax...

Technically, Glocks do have an external safey. However, the catch is that the trigger itself (specifically, the inner bar on the trigger) is the external safety.

But, semantics aside, you are correct in that Glocks do not have what the average person would consider to be an external safety (grip safety, trigger block push button, de-cock lever, etc.).

person DJ

I carry Glocks and don't see any reason to own any other handguns. It's Glocks for me. If I pull out my gun it is because I intend to shoot someone and I don't need a safety. Get more glocks.

MKEgal

person DJ said:
I carry Glocks and don't see any reason to own any other handguns. It's Glocks for me. If I pull out my gun it is because I intend to shoot someone and I don't need a safety. Get more glocks.
No, no, no... Glocks are bad, Glocks are evil, Glocks are unsafe.
Nobody should own Glocks.
I have volunteered to keep humanity safe from Glocks.
If you own one (or more) you should send them to me.
[/sarcasm... except for the part about sending them to me] :rolleyes:

And I disagree with "If I pull out my gun it is because I intend to shoot someone".
My intent is to stop the threat to my life or well-being.
If I can do that by something other than putting holes in the idiot who didn't pay attention & see my OC pistol, that's just peachy.
I'd be perfectly happy if, upon seeing my pistol in my hand (or even seeing the muzzle pointed at him), Mr. Street Thug suddenly remembers a pressing appointment across town & leaves at high speed.

person DJ

And I disagree with "
If I can do that by something other than putting holes in the idiot who didn't pay attention & see my OC pistol, that's just peachy.
I'd be perfectly happy if, upon seeing my pistol in my hand (or even seeing the muzzle pointed at him), Mr. Street Thug suddenly remembers a pressing appointment across town & leaves at high speed.

I didn't say I would shoot I said if I pull it out I intend to shoot. There could be times when all of the sudden things change that would not require me to fire but you can bet if I pull it I am doing so to shoot. I can always change the mind.

Last edited:

Gil223

I didn't say I would shoot I said if I pull it out I intend to shoot. There could be times when all of the sudden things change that would not require me to fire but you can bet if I pull it I am doing so to shoot. I can always change the mind.

I don't wish to appear to be a nit-picking ***hole, but sometimes the message gets scrambled in the choice of words. It sounds to me as if, during a confrontation with a BG that requires you to pull your pistol, you meant you are physically and mentally prepared to punch holes in him if necessary. "Intent" is defined as "resolved or determined to do ______ (something)". Which in this case would mean your are "resolved or determined to shoot", as opposed to being prepared to shoot (nobody's perfect, and at some point in our lives we have all chosen words that do not precisely express our true meaning. A good example is the way I began this reply: "I don't wish to appear to be...". One way of looking at that statement is, that I haven't claimed not to be, just that I don't want people to see me that way). ;) Pax...

person DJ

I don't wish to appear to be a nit-picking ***hole, but sometimes the message gets scrambled in the choice of words. It sounds to me as if, during a confrontation with a BG that requires you to pull your pistol, you meant you are physically and mentally prepared to punch holes in him if necessary. "Intent" is defined as "resolved or determined to do ______ (something)". Which in this case would mean your are "resolved or determined to shoot", as opposed to being prepared to shoot (nobody's perfect, and at some point in our lives we have all chosen words that do not precisely express our true meaning. A good example is the way I began this reply: "I don't wish to appear to be...". One way of looking at that statement is, that I haven't claimed not to be, just that I don't want people to see me that way). ;) Pax...

Lots of words to say the same thing I said. I don't pull my glock to scare someone. I pull to shoot. Like I said before I inteand to shoot however I can change the mind and not shoot. It means what it says.

person DJ

And I disagree with "If I pull out my gun it is because I intend to shoot someone".

my choice of words were correct however I left out why I feel this way. I am disabled and often in a wheel chair when out and about. I can only stand a limited time and when standing am in great pain. I just don't have the options as before my disabilty. I can't fight to protect myself or mine. Then again maybe I need english lessons.

WalkingWolf

my choice of words were correct however I left out why I feel this way. I am disabled and often in a wheel chair when out and about. I can only stand a limited time and when standing am in great pain. I just don't have the options as before my disabilty. I can't fight to protect myself or mine. Then again maybe I need english lessons.

Your choice of words were fine. I will not draw my firearm unless there is a legitimate need to protect my family or myself. In the half second it takes me to draw the threat deescalates may cause me to re-holster. If that threat is still a threat once I make that decision there is no time for wishy washy. You are either in the circumstances defined by law or not, if not we do not have authority to draw, only police have authority to draw for a perceived threat.

BTW I am also disabled, though I can stand and walk, mine is heart disease. I keep a cane with me for those in between moments that do not warrant deadly force. One might help you with standing, and could be used to keep less than deadly threats from getting close to you. Just a thought.

Last edited:

person DJ

BTW I am also disabled, though I can stand and walk, mine is heart disease. I keep a cane with me for those in between moments that do not warrant deadly force. One might help you with standing, and could be used to keep less than deadly threats from getting close to you. Just a thought.[/QUO

WOW, Great idea Thanks . I will do this. I am already thinking of how to use it and will practice some moves. Again thanks for your thoughts.