• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah permit class in Waupaca, WI; Sat. 29SEP 10A-3P

MKEgal

We're still getting the place decided, but if you're wanting a UT permit & can make it to Waupaca on the 29th I'll be running a class from 10a-3p. After the UT part is wrapped up, we'll probably discuss WI laws, but it has to be separate.
Pack a lunch.
$80
Please respond on the FaceBook event if you're on FB, so I can keep track of how many people are definitely going to be there.
(If you're not on FB, post or PM me here.)

Download the application (which you must *print* & *bring* to class) & the curriculum (which you must have a copy of at the start of class, but a PDF on your computer at home is fine).

Go here:
http://​www.publicsafety.utah.gov/​bci/concealedfirearms.html
In the bottom 1/3 of the page are links.
One says "mandatory minimum training curriculum".
Download that. It's a PDF.
You have to assure me at the start of class that you have a copy.
(You don't have to bring it; just having it on your computer at home is fine.)
If you have trouble getting to sleep at night, that's a good thing to read.

ALSO...
Print the application & *bring it* with you. I have to sign & stamp that.
Download the PDF here:
http://​www.publicsafety.utah.gov/​bci/documents/​CFPapp0312.pdf

To make sure you're you, & not taking the class for someone else, I'll compare your face to a photo ID of some sort that you show me. (School, work, driver's license, other carry license...)

NO LIVE AMMO in the classroom.
Not open or concealed carry, not even an extra magazine in your holster, not even me.
Guns are fine (I'll check to be sure they're unloaded), ammo is not.
That's a BCI rule.
(Why? Honest to god, this is what the BCI people told us: too many cops having NDs in classrooms. Never a regular everyday citizen.)

Oh: the UT training can be used to apply for your WI license, but you have to have the WI license to apply for the UT permit.

MKEgal

By the way - everyone who attended already had their WI license.
Getting UT lets people go to Minnesota, and several other states which don't yet accept WI.