Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. embassy in Cairo did not authorize service members to carry ammo

U.S. embassy in Cairo did not authorize service members to carry ammo

Ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson “did not permit U.S. Marine guards to carry live ammunition,” according to multiple reports on U.S. Marine Corps blogs spotted by Nightwatch.
    “She neutralized any U.S. military capability that was dedicated to preserve her life and protect the US Embassy.”
    http://freebeacon.com/reports-marine...ed-live-ammo/#

Why would anyone join the military right now? 'HEY! WE'RE GOING TO TRAIN YOU, DEPLOY TO YOU CORNERS OF THE WORLD THAT HATE YOU, THEN WE'RE GOING TO DISARM YOU.'

sense - this makes none.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Not surprising, so many in the diplomatic corps become Arab-lovers and essentially loyal to them, not the US, when deployed to the Middle East.

Wasn't the embassy that made that policy; it was the hand wringers in the State Dept. in Washington, D.C. I can also tell you that, despite all the security risks involved, the United States is just about the only country that employs foreign nationals in its embassies. The old Soviet Union, and probably some more recent adversaries, took full advantage of that idiocy.

I've been in the Embassy in Cairo and I would estimate that at least sixty-five percent of the employees are Egyptian nationals. I will also tell you, from experience, that it is not the average Egyptian who instigated and took part in this atrocity. I knew too many of them who were good people and who genuinely like Americans and the United States.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    I will also tell you, from experience, that it is not the average Egyptian who instigated and took part in this atrocity.
    Maybe not, but I'm certain that the average Muslim Egyptian supports it. Don't confuse lack of action with lack of support. Brotherhood-sponsored "charities" get millions of dollars from Egypt's civilian population.

The Copts don't support this, but they're a hair's breadth away from final elimination, one we naturally won't stop.

That this was obviously a government-sponsored act should lead us to stop giving billions of dollars to Egypt and close our embassy. That won't happen with the Islamophile-in-chief at the helm.

What Muslims say in English and what they say in Arabic is so different I assume they're lying when speaking in English. They say they love America in English while saying we're damned to hell as infidels in Arabic.

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    Maybe not, but I'm certain that the average Muslim Egyptian supports it. Don't confuse lack of action with lack of support. Brotherhood-sponsored "charities" get millions of dollars from Egypt's civilian population.

The Copts don't support this, but they're a hair's breadth away from final elimination, one we naturally won't stop.

That this was obviously a government-sponsored act should lead us to stop giving billions of dollars to Egypt and close our embassy. That won't happen with the Islamophile-in-chief at the helm.

What Muslims say in English and what they say in Arabic is so different I assume they're lying when speaking in English. They say they love America in English while saying we're damned to hell as infidels in Arabic.
    I just ask you these two questions: How long did you live and work there? How many of your friends are married to Egyptian women?

One of my very good friends, who is still there by the way, regularly sends me information concerning what is going on there. I think you will find that the "millions" the "charities" get come from only a certain segment of the population. I will agree with you about the Copts and it is a shame that our government will do nothing to help them.

I will also agree that it was a government-sponsored act, but have to ask, "Which government?"
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

US received credible threat 48 hrs prior to attack ..... and did nothing

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...n-8135797.html

Barry and Hillary have (more) blood on their hands

Perhaps if our president went to his national security briefings more often he would actually know about the things being briefed on. I am sick to death of the incompetence and the cowardice displayed by the current admin. they are perfectly comfortable trampling the laws of our nation and assaulting us citizens, but when it comes to defending it or dealing with our enemies they are woefully inept, and have butterflies and dandilion glasses on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnScotsman View Post

Did nothing? They started to double their crotch grabs at our airports! That will teach ya.

Annother BS story from the always truthful GOTP.
    "Update, Thursday, September 13, 2:30 p.m. PDT: Mother Jones has obtained a memorandum from the Marine Corps' congressional liaison confirming that the Marine guards at the embassy in Egypt were in fact armed with live ammunition, contrary to the anti-Obama conspiracy theory du jour:

The Ambassador did not impose restrictions on weapons or weapons status on the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group (MCESG) detachment. The MCESG Marines in Cairo were allowed to have live ammunition in their weapons. The Ambassador and Regional Security Officer have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. Reports of Marines not being able to have their weapons loaded per direction from the Ambassador are not accurate."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ines-live-ammo

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    "Update, Thursday, September 13, 2:30 p.m. PDT: Mother Jones has obtained a memorandum from the Marine Corps' congressional liaison confirming that the Marine guards at the embassy in Egypt were in fact armed with live ammunition, contrary to the anti-Obama conspiracy theory du jour:

The Ambassador did not impose restrictions on weapons or weapons status on the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group (MCESG) detachment. The MCESG Marines in Cairo were allowed to have live ammunition in their weapons. The Ambassador and Regional Security Officer have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. Reports of Marines not being able to have their weapons loaded per direction from the Ambassador are not accurate."

But what were their ROE? Not conducive to survival, I will bet.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Activist Member

They did nothing for a reason. They disarmed the Marines that protected the embassy for a reason. If the Marines were armed, this would not have happened and that would have been counterintuitive to their plan to breed fear in the American mind.
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 09-16-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamabearCali View Post
    Perhaps if our president went to his national security briefings more often he would actually know about the things being briefed on. I am sick to death of the incompetence and the cowardice displayed by the current admin. they are perfectly comfortable trampling the laws of our nation and assaulting us citizens, but when it comes to defending it or dealing with our enemies they are woefully inept, and have butterflies and dandilion glasses on.
    Our president knows exactly what he is doing. I can assure you that if something happens, then he wanted it to happen.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Exclamation Wrong Answer

Do not.. I Repeat...do NOT Drink the Kool-Aid !!!

You must realize that Everything is Still ** W's ** fault ?!?

We have some seriously major issues right now & "they" will be resolved on 11/06/12.

Vote for the return to sensibility of our Great and Beloved Nation & Constitution/BOR.

Preserve our beliefs that our Founding Fathers ( who were right wing conservatives ) instilled as our core values ages ago.

Peace&RKBA4ever!!!

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post
    But... But it's grape.

Vote for the return to sensibility of our Great and Beloved Nation & Constitution/BOR.
    That's right. Vote for Gary Johnson.

our Founding Fathers ( who were right wing conservatives )
    BWAAAhahahahahahaaaaaa. HAhahahahahahahahahaaaaa *gasp* HAAAAH hahahahahahahahahahaha! *pounds fist on table* HAHAHAhahahahahaaaaa hah ha. Wow.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

I urge all those who hate the Pres. to vote for Gary Johnson.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    I urge all those who hate the Pres. to vote for Gary Johnson.
    Remember, a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

If my memory serves me correctly, the U.S. marines in Lebanon under Ronald Reagan weren't allowed to have their weapons loaded while guarding the marine barracks. This allowed the truck bomber the ability to get past the guards and detonate the explosives at the barracks, with the resultant loss of life.

My questions are: 1. What were the marines doing in Lebanon in the first place? and, 2. What are we doing in Libya and Egypt in the first place?

H. Clinton is said to have been taken aback by the Libyan attack on the U.S. embassy and the murder of the four U.S. citizens. How could those people do this to US after all the United States has done for them to free them from a brutal, dictatorial regime? How naive!

It should be well-known from our experience in Afghanistan over the decades that Islamic loyalty is opportunistic and not set in stone. When the U.S. helped the Afghanis fight off the Soviet Union, the Afghanis were willing to embrace the U.S. as an ally to defeat and expel the Soviets. Just as soon as that was accomplished, the Afghanis and Islamic world turned on the U.S.

The same thing has happened in Egypt and Libya that happened in Afghanistan. U.S. support was accepted to accomplish Caliphate Islam's objective to overthrow Mubarak and Khaddafi. Just as soon as those U.S.-backed dictators were removed as obstacles, the revolutionaries had no further use for the U.S., and have now turned on their useful idiot ally in the next phase of their plan: expel the U.S. presence from the Middle East.

Using an enemy as an ally and then turning on that enemy-ally once a common objective has been accomplished is an historic Islamic practice. That is what happened in Afghanistan after the Soviets were expelled, and that is what is happening in Egypt and Libya now. That H. Clinton was shocked and couldn't foresee what would happen once the U.S. had helped the Islamists remove Mubarak and Khadaffi is evidence enough of her incompetence and ignorance about the Middle East. She should resign at once.
    Last edited by ed2276; 09-17-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone Baritone View Post
    Remember, a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama.
    The corner you have painted yourself into. It's like watching a fly bash it's brains-out against a window overlooking a steaming pile of dung.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 09-17-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2276 View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly, the U.S. marines in Lebanon under Ronald Reagan weren't allowed to have their weapons loaded while guarding the marine barracks. This allowed the truck bomber the ability to get past the guards and detonate the explosives at the barracks, with the resultant loss of life.

My questions are: 1. What were the marines doing in Lebanon in the first place? and, 2. What are we doing in Libya and Egypt in the first place?

H. Clinton is said to have been taken aback by the Libyan attack on the U.S. embassy and the murder of the four U.S. citizens. How could those people do this to US after all the United States has done for them to free them from a brutal, dictatorial regime? How naive!

It should be well-known from our experience in Afghanistan over the decades that Islamic loyalty is opportunistic and not set in stone. When the U.S. helped the Afghanis fight off the Soviet Union, the Afghanis were willing to embrace the U.S. as an ally to defeat and expel the Soviets. Just as soon as that was accomplished, the Afghanis and Islamic world turned on the U.S.

The same thing has happened in Egypt and Libya that happened in Afghanistan. U.S. support was accepted to accomplish Caliphate Islam's to overthrow Mubarak and Khaddafi. Just as soon as those U.S.-backed dictators were removed as obstacles, the revolutionaries had no further use for the U.S., and have now turned on their useful idiot ally in the next phase of their plan: expel the U.S. presence from the Middle East.

Using an enemy as an ally and then turning on that ally once a common objective has been accomplished is an historic Islamic practice. That is what happened in Afghanistan after the Soviets were expelled, and that is what is happening in Egypt and Libya now. That H. Clinton was shocked and couldn't foresee what would happen once the U.S. had helped the Islamists remove Mubarak and Khadaffi is evidence enough of her incompetence and ignorance about the Middle East. She should resign at once.
    Precisely why we have zero business meddling in these parts of the world. There is big money in conflict and war, and so we help create conflict and go to war.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Precisely why we have zero business meddling in these parts of the world. There is big money in conflict and war, and so we help create conflict and go to war.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2276 View Post
    Exactly!
    I object!...this is a bit embarrassing, where do we go from here?
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 09-17-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post

You must realize that Everything is Still ** W's ** fault ?!?

We have some seriously major issues right now & "they" will be resolved on 11/06/12.

Preserve our beliefs that our Founding Fathers ( who were right wing conservatives ) instilled as our core values ages ago.

Peace&RKBA4ever!!!
    Actually, nothing will change on 11/06/2012. Compare the politics of both Obama and Romney, and you will see that. If you are speaking about the Republicans retaking both houses of congress then that could possibly happen, but it will only protect our gun rights, and none of the others.

The Republicans have control of the House, and some pretty insidious legislation has passed out of it that is completely repugnant to the Constitution. It no longer matters if there is a D or an R beside the candidates name, most are there for the same reason.

Some of our Founding Fathers were conservatives, but most -- like Jefferson and Madison -- were liberal constitutionalists. They believed in small government, but they were very liberal on most other issues. Keep in mind liberal then somehow had a different meaning then it does now. Then folks like Washington and Adams supported a STRONG central government that had great authority. They voted out a fascist for a constitutionalist when in our 4th Presidential election Jefferson beat Adams. If it wasn't for Adams, we would probably never have claimed our independance, but once he became vice-president, and then president, he had become extremely bitter.

Not all of our Founders were right-wing conservatives.

Activist Member
    People can claim some are "conspiracy theorists" and speak about "drinking the Kool-aid," but the truth is our government has been involved with groups and governments that start conflicts to make money. Every war we have been in the past 100+ years has been unconstitutional, and something has been done to provoke the United States, and breed fear in the minds of Americans.

I can assure you, if something happens, it happens for a reason. All one must do is look at the writings and quotes from different globalist figures and it becomes clear how important we are to our Federal government. Research people like Bernanke, Soros, the Rothschilds, Greenspan, and a great deal of Federal officials and you will understand immediately what the goal is. The governments and the multi-billionaires want a One World Government, and they want to get rich from the suffering of others. War means proffit for those that are wealthy, and that means more money for them to control with.

Research people instead of blaming and pointing fingers; you will be amazed I can assure you.

Re: U.S. embassy in Cairo did not authorize service members to carry ammo

I've been told by an active mil buddy that talked to a soldier in Libya/Eqypt, don't remember which, but this is true. They were given loaded weapons and live ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast