• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S. embassy in Cairo did not authorize service members to carry ammo

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Why would anyone join the military right now? 'HEY! WE'RE GOING TO TRAIN YOU, DEPLOY TO YOU CORNERS OF THE WORLD THAT HATE YOU, THEN WE'RE GOING TO DISARM YOU.'

sense - this makes none.

randian

Not surprising, so many in the diplomatic corps become Arab-lovers and essentially loyal to them, not the US, when deployed to the Middle East.

SFCRetired

Wasn't the embassy that made that policy; it was the hand wringers in the State Dept. in Washington, D.C. I can also tell you that, despite all the security risks involved, the United States is just about the only country that employs foreign nationals in its embassies. The old Soviet Union, and probably some more recent adversaries, took full advantage of that idiocy.

I've been in the Embassy in Cairo and I would estimate that at least sixty-five percent of the employees are Egyptian nationals. I will also tell you, from experience, that it is not the average Egyptian who instigated and took part in this atrocity. I knew too many of them who were good people and who genuinely like Americans and the United States.

randian

I will also tell you, from experience, that it is not the average Egyptian who instigated and took part in this atrocity.
Maybe not, but I'm certain that the average Muslim Egyptian supports it. Don't confuse lack of action with lack of support. Brotherhood-sponsored "charities" get millions of dollars from Egypt's civilian population.

The Copts don't support this, but they're a hair's breadth away from final elimination, one we naturally won't stop.

That this was obviously a government-sponsored act should lead us to stop giving billions of dollars to Egypt and close our embassy. That won't happen with the Islamophile-in-chief at the helm.

What Muslims say in English and what they say in Arabic is so different I assume they're lying when speaking in English. They say they love America in English while saying we're damned to hell as infidels in Arabic.

SFCRetired

Maybe not, but I'm certain that the average Muslim Egyptian supports it. Don't confuse lack of action with lack of support. Brotherhood-sponsored "charities" get millions of dollars from Egypt's civilian population.

The Copts don't support this, but they're a hair's breadth away from final elimination, one we naturally won't stop.

That this was obviously a government-sponsored act should lead us to stop giving billions of dollars to Egypt and close our embassy. That won't happen with the Islamophile-in-chief at the helm.

What Muslims say in English and what they say in Arabic is so different I assume they're lying when speaking in English. They say they love America in English while saying we're damned to hell as infidels in Arabic.

I just ask you these two questions: How long did you live and work there? How many of your friends are married to Egyptian women?

One of my very good friends, who is still there by the way, regularly sends me information concerning what is going on there. I think you will find that the "millions" the "charities" get come from only a certain segment of the population. I will agree with you about the Copts and it is a shame that our government will do nothing to help them.

I will also agree that it was a government-sponsored act, but have to ask, "Which government?"

MamabearCali

Perhaps if our president went to his national security briefings more often he would actually know about the things being briefed on. I am sick to death of the incompetence and the cowardice displayed by the current admin. they are perfectly comfortable trampling the laws of our nation and assaulting us citizens, but when it comes to defending it or dealing with our enemies they are woefully inept, and have butterflies and dandilion glasses on.

beebobby

Annother BS story from the always truthful GOTP.
"Update, Thursday, September 13, 2:30 p.m. PDT: Mother Jones has obtained a memorandum from the Marine Corps' congressional liaison confirming that the Marine guards at the embassy in Egypt were in fact armed with live ammunition, contrary to the anti-Obama conspiracy theory du jour:

The Ambassador did not impose restrictions on weapons or weapons status on the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group (MCESG) detachment. The MCESG Marines in Cairo were allowed to have live ammunition in their weapons. The Ambassador and Regional Security Officer have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. Reports of Marines not being able to have their weapons loaded per direction from the Ambassador are not accurate."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/egypt-embassy-marines-live-ammo

OldCurlyWolf

Annother BS story from the always truthful GOTP.
"Update, Thursday, September 13, 2:30 p.m. PDT: Mother Jones has obtained a memorandum from the Marine Corps' congressional liaison confirming that the Marine guards at the embassy in Egypt were in fact armed with live ammunition, contrary to the anti-Obama conspiracy theory du jour:

The Ambassador did not impose restrictions on weapons or weapons status on the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group (MCESG) detachment. The MCESG Marines in Cairo were allowed to have live ammunition in their weapons. The Ambassador and Regional Security Officer have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. Reports of Marines not being able to have their weapons loaded per direction from the Ambassador are not accurate."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/egypt-embassy-marines-live-ammo

But what were their ROE? Not conducive to survival, I will bet.:mad:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Perhaps if our president went to his national security briefings more often he would actually know about the things being briefed on. I am sick to death of the incompetence and the cowardice displayed by the current admin. they are perfectly comfortable trampling the laws of our nation and assaulting us citizens, but when it comes to defending it or dealing with our enemies they are woefully inept, and have butterflies and dandilion glasses on.

Our president knows exactly what he is doing. I can assure you that if something happens, then he wanted it to happen.

scott58dh

Wrong Answer

US received credible threat 48 hrs prior to attack ..... and did nothing

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...story-of-us-envoys-assassination-8135797.html

Barry and Hillary have (more) blood on their hands

Do not.. I Repeat...do NOT Drink the Kool-Aid !!!

You must realize that Everything ;) is Still ** W's ** fault ?!? :p

We have some seriously major issues right now & "they" will be resolved on 11/06/12.

Vote for the return to sensibility of our Great and Beloved Nation & Constitution/BOR.

Preserve our beliefs that our Founding Fathers ( who were right wing conservatives ) instilled as our core values ages ago.

Peace&RKBA4ever!!! :cool:

Brimstone Baritone

Do not.. I Repeat...do NOT Drink the Kool-Aid !!!
But... But it's grape. :(

Vote for the return to sensibility of our Great and Beloved Nation & Constitution/BOR.
That's right. Vote for Gary Johnson.

our Founding Fathers ( who were right wing conservatives )
BWAAAhahahahahahaaaaaa. HAhahahahahahahahahaaaaa *gasp* HAAAAH hahahahahahahahahahaha! *pounds fist on table* HAHAHAhahahahahaaaaa hah ha. Wow.

ed2276

If my memory serves me correctly, the U.S. marines in Lebanon under Ronald Reagan weren't allowed to have their weapons loaded while guarding the marine barracks. This allowed the truck bomber the ability to get past the guards and detonate the explosives at the barracks, with the resultant loss of life.

My questions are: 1. What were the marines doing in Lebanon in the first place? and, 2. What are we doing in Libya and Egypt in the first place?

H. Clinton is said to have been taken aback by the Libyan attack on the U.S. embassy and the murder of the four U.S. citizens. How could those people do this to US after all the United States has done for them to free them from a brutal, dictatorial regime? How naive!

It should be well-known from our experience in Afghanistan over the decades that Islamic loyalty is opportunistic and not set in stone. When the U.S. helped the Afghanis fight off the Soviet Union, the Afghanis were willing to embrace the U.S. as an ally to defeat and expel the Soviets. Just as soon as that was accomplished, the Afghanis and Islamic world turned on the U.S.

The same thing has happened in Egypt and Libya that happened in Afghanistan. U.S. support was accepted to accomplish Caliphate Islam's objective to overthrow Mubarak and Khaddafi. Just as soon as those U.S.-backed dictators were removed as obstacles, the revolutionaries had no further use for the U.S., and have now turned on their useful idiot ally in the next phase of their plan: expel the U.S. presence from the Middle East.

Using an enemy as an ally and then turning on that enemy-ally once a common objective has been accomplished is an historic Islamic practice. That is what happened in Afghanistan after the Soviets were expelled, and that is what is happening in Egypt and Libya now. That H. Clinton was shocked and couldn't foresee what would happen once the U.S. had helped the Islamists remove Mubarak and Khadaffi is evidence enough of her incompetence and ignorance about the Middle East. She should resign at once.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

If my memory serves me correctly, the U.S. marines in Lebanon under Ronald Reagan weren't allowed to have their weapons loaded while guarding the marine barracks. This allowed the truck bomber the ability to get past the guards and detonate the explosives at the barracks, with the resultant loss of life.

My questions are: 1. What were the marines doing in Lebanon in the first place? and, 2. What are we doing in Libya and Egypt in the first place?

H. Clinton is said to have been taken aback by the Libyan attack on the U.S. embassy and the murder of the four U.S. citizens. How could those people do this to US after all the United States has done for them to free them from a brutal, dictatorial regime? How naive!

It should be well-known from our experience in Afghanistan over the decades that Islamic loyalty is opportunistic and not set in stone. When the U.S. helped the Afghanis fight off the Soviet Union, the Afghanis were willing to embrace the U.S. as an ally to defeat and expel the Soviets. Just as soon as that was accomplished, the Afghanis and Islamic world turned on the U.S.

The same thing has happened in Egypt and Libya that happened in Afghanistan. U.S. support was accepted to accomplish Caliphate Islam's to overthrow Mubarak and Khaddafi. Just as soon as those U.S.-backed dictators were removed as obstacles, the revolutionaries had no further use for the U.S., and have now turned on their useful idiot ally in the next phase of their plan: expel the U.S. presence from the Middle East.

Using an enemy as an ally and then turning on that ally once a common objective has been accomplished is an historic Islamic practice. That is what happened in Afghanistan after the Soviets were expelled, and that is what is happening in Egypt and Libya now. That H. Clinton was shocked and couldn't foresee what would happen once the U.S. had helped the Islamists remove Mubarak and Khadaffi is evidence enough of her incompetence and ignorance about the Middle East. She should resign at once.

Precisely why we have zero business meddling in these parts of the world. There is big money in conflict and war, and so we help create conflict and go to war.