Thread: The Blaze - Texas cop shoots man 41 Times, siezes cell phone

The Blaze - Texas cop shoots man 41 Times, siezes cell phone

I doubt the phone would work at all if they pulled the chip as claimed. Modern electronics aren't tinkertoys where you can remove a part without harming the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    I doubt the phone would work at all if they pulled the chip as claimed. Modern electronics aren't tinkertoys where you can remove a part without harming the rest.
    The "chip" they took out is probably just an SD card. Phones can function without them.

Maybe it took 41 shots to hit the guy twice!

Banned
    I heard of double tapping but this is crazy !

So, which cop duty pistols hold 20 + 1? 41 shots would be two whole magazine dumps if (and that's a big "if" there) he was carrying a 20-rounder.

Does his department have anything like Shooting Board? If so, are their records open to the public? I'd really like to see both his explanation and if they do whitewash this how they did it. (Not saying they will, and hoping they don't.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime...otos-video.ece

This article states there was a 20 year old girl in the truck while they were shooting at it. They pulled her out, then sic'ed a dog on the driver.

"Wallace and his wife were asleep when the gunshots began, but they quickly made it to the porch to see Allen’s passenger being pulled from the truck and a police dog jumping into the cab. The German shepherd bit Allen in the neck and jaw area and dragged him out of the truck and onto the pavement, Wallace said."

Note to self: Beirut is looking better than Texas for that next get away.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Can you say "rogue cop goes off the deep end"?
    I can, but I'd rather say business as usual. We live in a police state where dis-obeying a cop will get you murdered.
    How can these thugs steal someone's cell phone and nothing happen?

BTW there's this app called dropbox where your photos and videos are automatically uploaded to the internet if you have a signal or wifi connection. It works well.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Campaign Veteran
    "Note to self: Beirut is looking better than Texas for that next get away. " -- Fuller Malarkey

Only if you're a Muzzlelem...and even then you have to be of the right "persuasion" or you're still in danger!
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 09-16-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Do not see that this has anything to do with OC or RKBA, particularly on a national level.

Moving it to the Texas forum while it is under review for appropriate inclusion on OCDO.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

GRAPESHOT it could relate to the fact it took 41 shots or that the video was confiscated breaking the 4th amendment
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    GRAPESHOT it could relate to the fact it took 41 shots or that the video was confiscated breaking the 4th amendment
    Neither of which qualifies it for inclusion here. Bear in mind it wasn't deleted or locked at this point, but moved to the state appropriate sub-forum.

The bg was not even armed from what I have read, so there is no connection to OC/RKBA.

There are those that would seem to think that reporting questionable LEO conduct generally is or should be within bounds on OCDO. It is not.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.