• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Blaze - Texas cop shoots man 41 Times, siezes cell phone

randian

I doubt the phone would work at all if they pulled the chip as claimed. Modern electronics aren't tinkertoys where you can remove a part without harming the rest.

carsontech

Activist Member
I doubt the phone would work at all if they pulled the chip as claimed. Modern electronics aren't tinkertoys where you can remove a part without harming the rest.

The "chip" they took out is probably just an SD card. Phones can function without them.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So, which cop duty pistols hold 20 + 1? 41 shots would be two whole magazine dumps if (and that's a big "if" there) he was carrying a 20-rounder.

Does his department have anything like Shooting Board? If so, are their records open to the public? I'd really like to see both his explanation and if they do whitewash this how they did it. (Not saying they will, and hoping they don't.)

stay safe.

Fuller Malarkey

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...say-police-deleted-cellphone-photos-video.ece

This article states there was a 20 year old girl in the truck while they were shooting at it. They pulled her out, then sic'ed a dog on the driver.

"Wallace and his wife were asleep when the gunshots began, but they quickly made it to the porch to see Allen’s passenger being pulled from the truck and a police dog jumping into the cab. The German shepherd bit Allen in the neck and jaw area and dragged him out of the truck and onto the pavement, Wallace said."

Note to self: Beirut is looking better than Texas for that next get away.

twoskinsonemanns

Can you say "rogue cop goes off the deep end"?

I can, but I'd rather say business as usual. We live in a police state where dis-obeying a cop will get you murdered.
How can these thugs steal someone's cell phone and nothing happen?

BTW there's this app called dropbox where your photos and videos are automatically uploaded to the internet if you have a signal or wifi connection. It works well.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Do not see that this has anything to do with OC or RKBA, particularly on a national level.

Moving it to the Texas forum while it is under review for appropriate inclusion on OCDO.

papa bear

GRAPESHOT it could relate to the fact it took 41 shots or that the video was confiscated breaking the 4th amendment

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
GRAPESHOT it could relate to the fact it took 41 shots or that the video was confiscated breaking the 4th amendment

Neither of which qualifies it for inclusion here. Bear in mind it wasn't deleted or locked at this point, but moved to the state appropriate sub-forum.

The bg was not even armed from what I have read, so there is no connection to OC/RKBA.

There are those that would seem to think that reporting questionable LEO conduct generally is or should be within bounds on OCDO. It is not.