Thread: OC in Billings?

OC in Billings?

I will be coming to visit Billings in the next few weeks and I was wondering about and restrictions of OC Billings might have. I have researched Montana's laws about OC and CC but from my experience some cities like to make ordinances that restrict both.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob_250 View Post
    I will be coming to visit Billings in the next few weeks and I was wondering about and restrictions of OC Billings might have. I have researched Montana's laws about OC and CC but from my experience some cities like to make ordinances that restrict both.
    MT has state preemption, so your experience is not accurate unless your only regarding parks. Localities are substantially preempted, but have limited power to prevent and suppress the carrying of concealed or unconcealed weapons to a public assembly, publicly owned building, park under its jurisdiction, or schools. MCA 45-8-351 http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/mca/45/8/45-8-351.htm

Chances are you can not carry in Billings parks (most cites have ordinances against it), you will want to check billings ordinances to verify.

A good summary of MT laws can be found in this sticky thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...te-Law-Summary
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 09-14-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Billings will stretch it as far as it can go. Billings is one of the reasons that the MTSSF got a bill passed recently that reaffirms that MT is an OC state, and that preemption is the law. I have not heard of any issues since this bill was passed, but there were more than a few before of people being harassed.