Thread: SWW Fairgrounds Gun Show Sept. 15-16

SWW Fairgrounds Gun Show Sept. 15-16

this weekend at the South West Washington Fairgrounds they are having a 2day gun and knife show. Decent selection not too big though, about a hundred spaces. Last time I went I bought my PX4 Storm.

Anyone going?
    -PJ

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired..." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

This may seem like a dumb question, but as I have never attended a gun show since I started to carry...

What are the laws regarding the carry of a firearm by a patron at a gunshow?

And

What are the rules regarding this particular gunshow as it pertains to the carry of firearms by patrons?

WAC (Washington Arms Collectors) only allows members to carry an unloaded and zip tied firearms into the show

All others require that firearms be unloaded and zip tied, no membership required

They won't get my bug.

I will not go. I already have a CPL, why should I have to be a member in order to buy a gun if I aleady have my CPL? No thanks, they can keep the guns.
    Clerk: Is that a weapon?
    Me: No, it is my tool.
    Clerk:
    Me: A tool that takes some time to master!
    Clerk:
    Me: Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Munkey Butt View Post
    this weekend at the South West Washington Fairgrounds they are having a 2day gun and knife show. Decent selection not too big though, about a hundred spaces. Last time I went I bought my PX4 Storm.

Anyone going?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaOps View Post
    I will not go. I already have a CPL, why should I have to be a member in order to buy a gun if I aleady have my CPL? No thanks, they can keep the guns.
    Where does it say anywhere in this thread that the SWWF show you need to be a member to buy/purchase guns?
    Live Free or Die!

Agreed. It's a Wes Knodel show and I don't even see anywhere on the site where they have a membership program.

http://www.wesknodelgunshows.com/

Gun Show Rules:

To prevent accidental discharge NO loaded firearms are allowed in the gun show,
    including persons with a concealed handgun permit.

This is why I won't be going. Just like any other business, If they take away my rights, they dont get my money.

I was there for a few hours today... And I was OC'ing. Wes puts on a good show, a little larger now that some WAC vendors have bailed. Walk in, show the guard your UNLOADED weapon, and he ties it off. Done. No membership, no hassle, no nothing.
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Yeah my fault. I was thinking that it was a WAC gun show. Either way, I will not go nor will I go to any future ones. Its a fricken gun show and we can not walk around OCing or CCing without it being unloaded and tied off! REALLY? I understand the rules, and that is why I wil not ever go! I am sure one could CC but, again, I own a Glock 21. Its kind of difficult to CC with my body frame. Antways. I am sure they have good people and may even have some good deals, but I refuse to go to certain places if I can NOT OC loaded.
    Clerk:
    Clerk:

EACH AND EVERY TIME... a gun show thread is started SOMEONE has to whine about "I have a CPL..." "I have the Second Amendment..." The Washington Constitution Article 1 Section 24...."

Guess what...? Its a privately run function, they make the rules... They also have to have insurance and those rules say "NO LOADED FIREARMS except for LEO and security."

I suggest you rent a building, set up the table and open the doors to the public and enjoy yourselves, because that's the ONLY way it's going to happen.

I have seen enough gun handling at the shows to know I like what is in place.... Just look at the last incident at the WAC show where an instructor shot a hole in the roof...

Quote Originally Posted by bill starks View Post
    just look at the last incident at the wac show where an nypd marksman instructor shot a hole in the roof...
    fify

Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    EACH AND EVERY TIME... a gun show thread is started SOMEONE has to whine about "I have a CPL..." "I have the Second Amendment..." The Washington Constitution Article 1 Section 24...."

Guess what...? Its a privately run function, they make the rules... They also have to have insurance and those rules say "NO LOADED FIREARMS except for LEO and security."

I suggest you rent a building, set up the table and open the doors to the public and enjoy yourselves, because that's the ONLY way it's going to happen.

I have seen enough gun handling at the shows to know I like what is in place.... Just look at the last incident at the WAC show where an instructor shot a hole in the roof...
    Yes I do have a CPL and to many rules with private vendors. If someone can NOT handle a firearm safley, they should not have one nor even mess with one. Its obvious the guy who had the NG did not treat the firearm as if it was loaded at all times. Yes stuff happens, even to the best of them, but if one thinks that it will never happen to them, well they are wrong.

As far as opening a show, no thanks. If I wanted to see a bunch of people not knowing how to handle a firearm, I will go watch some youtube videos.

Some of you may pipe in and say your thing, thats cool, jump in. Some may think I am directing the remarks toward them, that will be up to you and your fault if you take it that way.

I don't have a need to goto ANY gunshow. If I want a deal on something, I have many of places I can get them while I OC or CC when I make that purchase.

It was asked if anyone was going. I said no and I gave my reason.

Some replied in other ways and I respect that. OC on and may everyone find great deals where ever they do the shopping.
    Last edited by DeltaOps; 09-17-2012 at 01:17 AM.
    Clerk:
    Clerk:

[QUOTE=DeltaOps;1826078].

As far as opening a show, no thanks. If I wanted to see a bunch of people not knowing how to handle a firearm, I will go watch some youtube videos.

You have just confirmed the reason for tied and unloaded carry at a gun show.
    As said by many, and every time this comes up. If you don't like it, don't go. I respect your decision, but not your apparent attitude toward gun shows.

[QUOTE=Trigger Dr;1826093]

You have just confirmed the reason for tied and unloaded carry at a gun show.
    As said by many, and every time this comes up. If you don't like it, don't go. I respect your decision, but not your apparent attitude toward gun shows.
    I didn't confirm anything!

You would think that a show would have some different rules. Maybe something like Cabelas or The Sportsmans Warehouse. If you plan on taking your tool out of your holster, then yes it should be unloaded and tied off. If you never remove it from the holster, you should be allowed to OC loaded.

So many people on here that talk about places that do not allow OC, but when it comes to something like a gunshow, oh well that is different.

That is a little hypocritical, I think. If I can NOT OC or CC loaded into any place, I will not go. Unless I have to visit any place that is not allowed by federal or state law.

I respect gun shows, I just don't like some of the rules that go with it.
    Clerk:
    Clerk: