• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SWW Fairgrounds Gun Show Sept. 15-16

Munkey Butt

this weekend at the South West Washington Fairgrounds they are having a 2day gun and knife show. Decent selection not too big though, about a hundred spaces. Last time I went I bought my PX4 Storm.

Anyone going?

Wolfebane

This may seem like a dumb question, but as I have never attended a gun show since I started to carry...

What are the laws regarding the carry of a firearm by a patron at a gunshow?

And

What are the rules regarding this particular gunshow as it pertains to the carry of firearms by patrons?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
WAC (Washington Arms Collectors) only allows members to carry an unloaded and zip tied firearms into the show

All others require that firearms be unloaded and zip tied, no membership required

DeltaOps

I will not go. I already have a CPL, why should I have to be a member in order to buy a gun if I aleady have my CPL? No thanks, they can keep the guns.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
this weekend at the South West Washington Fairgrounds they are having a 2day gun and knife show. Decent selection not too big though, about a hundred spaces. Last time I went I bought my PX4 Storm.

Anyone going?

I will not go. I already have a CPL, why should I have to be a member in order to buy a gun if I aleady have my CPL? No thanks, they can keep the guns.

Where does it say anywhere in this thread that the SWWF show you need to be a member to buy/purchase guns?

J1MB0B

Gun Show Rules:

To prevent accidental discharge NO loaded firearms are allowed in the gun show,
including persons with a concealed handgun permit.

This is why I won't be going. Just like any other business, If they take away my rights, they dont get my money.

massivedesign

I was there for a few hours today... And I was OC'ing. Wes puts on a good show, a little larger now that some WAC vendors have bailed. Walk in, show the guard your UNLOADED weapon, and he ties it off. Done. No membership, no hassle, no nothing.

DeltaOps

Yeah my fault. I was thinking that it was a WAC gun show. Either way, I will not go nor will I go to any future ones. Its a fricken gun show and we can not walk around OCing or CCing without it being unloaded and tied off! REALLY? I understand the rules, and that is why I wil not ever go! I am sure one could CC but, again, I own a Glock 21. Its kind of difficult to CC with my body frame. Antways. I am sure they have good people and may even have some good deals, but I refuse to go to certain places if I can NOT OC loaded.

Bill Starks

State Researcher

EACH AND EVERY TIME... a gun show thread is started SOMEONE has to whine about "I have a CPL..." "I have the Second Amendment..." The Washington Constitution Article 1 Section 24...."

Guess what...? Its a privately run function, they make the rules... They also have to have insurance and those rules say "NO LOADED FIREARMS except for LEO and security."

I suggest you rent a building, set up the table and open the doors to the public and enjoy yourselves, because that's the ONLY way it's going to happen.

I have seen enough gun handling at the shows to know I like what is in place.... Just look at the last incident at the WAC show where an instructor shot a hole in the roof...

DeltaOps

EACH AND EVERY TIME... a gun show thread is started SOMEONE has to whine about "I have a CPL..." "I have the Second Amendment..." The Washington Constitution Article 1 Section 24...."

Guess what...? Its a privately run function, they make the rules... They also have to have insurance and those rules say "NO LOADED FIREARMS except for LEO and security."

I suggest you rent a building, set up the table and open the doors to the public and enjoy yourselves, because that's the ONLY way it's going to happen.

I have seen enough gun handling at the shows to know I like what is in place.... Just look at the last incident at the WAC show where an instructor shot a hole in the roof...

Yes I do have a CPL and to many rules with private vendors. If someone can NOT handle a firearm safley, they should not have one nor even mess with one. Its obvious the guy who had the NG did not treat the firearm as if it was loaded at all times. Yes stuff happens, even to the best of them, but if one thinks that it will never happen to them, well they are wrong.

As far as opening a show, no thanks. If I wanted to see a bunch of people not knowing how to handle a firearm, I will go watch some youtube videos.

Some of you may pipe in and say your thing, thats cool, jump in. Some may think I am directing the remarks toward them, that will be up to you and your fault if you take it that way.

I don't have a need to goto ANY gunshow. If I want a deal on something, I have many of places I can get them while I OC or CC when I make that purchase.

It was asked if anyone was going. I said no and I gave my reason.

Some replied in other ways and I respect that. OC on and may everyone find great deals where ever they do the shopping.

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

As far as opening a show, no thanks. If I wanted to see a bunch of people not knowing how to handle a firearm, I will go watch some youtube videos.

You have just confirmed the reason for tied and unloaded carry at a gun show.
As said by many, and every time this comes up. If you don't like it, don't go. I respect your decision, but not your apparent attitude toward gun shows.

DeltaOps

You have just confirmed the reason for tied and unloaded carry at a gun show.
As said by many, and every time this comes up. If you don't like it, don't go. I respect your decision, but not your apparent attitude toward gun shows.

I didn't confirm anything!

You would think that a show would have some different rules. Maybe something like Cabelas or The Sportsmans Warehouse. If you plan on taking your tool out of your holster, then yes it should be unloaded and tied off. If you never remove it from the holster, you should be allowed to OC loaded.

So many people on here that talk about places that do not allow OC, but when it comes to something like a gunshow, oh well that is different.

That is a little hypocritical, I think. If I can NOT OC or CC loaded into any place, I will not go. Unless I have to visit any place that is not allowed by federal or state law.

I respect gun shows, I just don't like some of the rules that go with it.