Thread: I was banned for a while on a hunting forum Down Under!

I come from a land downunder.

I was banned for a while on a hunting forum Down Under!

I am a member of a hunting and firearms forum, well one of several but I am refering to one in particular, here in Australia. This forum has a politics and current affairs thread where I as some other members do, cut and paste the sad but frequent crimes news stories, especially those which are carried out using firearms, purely to hammer home that the governments firearms steal back and armed self defence laws are a complete failure. I was recently abused on this forum and banned for a while.

When some members of a hunting forum in Aus, hit out at a long time member accusing him of; "Your probably a non-firearm owning troll who has no idea," because all I do is do nothing but cut and past crime stats, and never a hunting story, this just shows real firearm owners and supporters of our basic human right to defend ourselves with firearms if and when necessary, just what a bunch of loosers many aussies are! EVEN MANY OF THOSE WHO DO HAVE FIREARMS!

I posted that I do own and use, I hunt, I target shoot, and I also write hundreds of letters, I send e-mails to politicians in defending these things, and still they never let up! In fact when I defended myself vigirously saying I did nothing wrong as I was posting news items and stories in the current affairs thread, I was finally banned for a few days! This is what genuine firearms owners and supporters of our right to own firearms are up against here in Australia. Cheers, Haz.
    Last edited by Haz.; 09-14-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

North Chesterfield VA
    Congratulations. You have run into your first herd of Fudds.

It's really aggravating when you see them with their knee-jerk reactions to someone trying to help them in a way that thery have not previously approved and sanctioned - especially if the help is not hunting-centric.

It's difficult to watch them intentionally bail water into their boat as it circles the drain. TRy not to let them take you down with them.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"

West Allis, WI
    I often see those who are hunters aren't interested in self defense. This is shown especially at ranges where you cannot use human silhouetted targets, double taps, or rapid fire.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

earth's crust
    Hundreds of letters, emails, you are certainly a busy bee ... but writing to your legislators have gotten you nowhere, right?

Your country gave up gun rights a long time ago. Want them now? You would have to have a revolution IMO ... but I would be concerned how that would effect Olivia Newton-John as the whole world would be concerned.

Your only relief is to get outta there!

Dingos dingos dingos ! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

White Oak Plantation
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I often see those who are hunters aren't interested in self defense. This is shown especially at ranges where you cannot use human silhouetted targets, double taps, or rapid fire.
    Well, I don't use human silhouettes, I use deer silhouettes. I do however do double tap and rapid fire drills in case those deer get uppity. A 10 point buck can be a lethal creature when all riled up and wanting to raise a ruckus.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare