• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was banned for a while on a hunting forum Down Under!

Haz.

I am a member of a hunting and firearms forum, well one of several but I am refering to one in particular, here in Australia. This forum has a politics and current affairs thread where I as some other members do, cut and paste the sad but frequent crimes news stories, especially those which are carried out using firearms, purely to hammer home that the governments firearms steal back and armed self defence laws are a complete failure. I was recently abused on this forum and banned for a while.

When some members of a hunting forum in Aus, hit out at a long time member accusing him of; "Your probably a non-firearm owning troll who has no idea," because all I do is do nothing but cut and past crime stats, and never a hunting story, this just shows real firearm owners and supporters of our basic human right to defend ourselves with firearms if and when necessary, just what a bunch of loosers many aussies are! EVEN MANY OF THOSE WHO DO HAVE FIREARMS!

I posted that I do own and use, I hunt, I target shoot, and I also write hundreds of letters, I send e-mails to politicians in defending these things, and still they never let up! In fact when I defended myself vigirously saying I did nothing wrong as I was posting news items and stories in the current affairs thread, I was finally banned for a few days! This is what genuine firearms owners and supporters of our right to own firearms are up against here in Australia. Cheers, Haz.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Congratulations. You have run into your first herd of Fudds.

It's really aggravating when you see them with their knee-jerk reactions to someone trying to help them in a way that thery have not previously approved and sanctioned - especially if the help is not hunting-centric.

It's difficult to watch them intentionally bail water into their boat as it circles the drain. TRy not to let them take you down with them.

stay safe.

protias

I often see those who are hunters aren't interested in self defense. This is shown especially at ranges where you cannot use human silhouetted targets, double taps, or rapid fire.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Hundreds of letters, emails, you are certainly a busy bee ... but writing to your legislators have gotten you nowhere, right?

Your country gave up gun rights a long time ago. Want them now? You would have to have a revolution IMO ... but I would be concerned how that would effect Olivia Newton-John as the whole world would be concerned.

Your only relief is to get outta there!

Dingos dingos dingos ! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

OC for ME

I often see those who are hunters aren't interested in self defense. This is shown especially at ranges where you cannot use human silhouetted targets, double taps, or rapid fire.
Well, I don't use human silhouettes, I use deer silhouettes. I do however do double tap and rapid fire drills in case those deer get uppity. A 10 point buck can be a lethal creature when all riled up and wanting to raise a ruckus.