Thread: Is this legal?

HOLD 'EM

Is this legal?

I have been reading here for a while. And something new that is being posted about a lot is open carry in hand. One guy here says he's done it a few times. And his examples are resonable types of times that it might be necessary to do it. Is this actually legal? I don't have a CPL yet. But I will be applying soon. I got some things that will be dropping off. In the mean time, I was wondering about if it would be legal if for example I loaded my pistol and then just carried it from my car parked in the street into my house? Or like that one guy, I get caught in the rain and my coat is too long to tuck over my gun without the excess flopping over it and covering it up. It seems that as long as I am not waving it around like the attorney general says it is ok that no law is broken. So is it technically legal?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLD 'EM View Post
    I have been reading here for a while. And something new that is being posted about a lot is open carry in hand. One guy here says he's done it a few times. And his examples are resonable types of times that it might be necessary to do it. Is this actually legal? I don't have a CPL yet. But I will be applying soon. I got some things that will be dropping off. In the mean time, I was wondering about if it would be legal if for example I loaded my pistol and then just carried it from my car parked in the street into my house? Or like that one guy, I get caught in the rain and my coat is too long to tuck over my gun without the excess flopping over it and covering it up. It seems that as long as I am not waving it around like the attorney general says it is ok that no law is broken. So is it technically legal?
    Hi Pat.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    bye pat
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Yep the voice does sound very familiar

Been asked and answered in other threads - no need for another one.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    bye pat
    This is getting a bit ridiculous. If anyone knows an Address where Pat could be served, could you PM me. If this continues, I am going to have to do something.

Pat ... this serves as official notice that your conduct here is unwanted.

See Michigan Penal Code 750.411h.

I hate to be a spoilsport but this is costing me time and money I don't have to deal with this day after day.