Thread: Want a Big Gulp? Forget about it...

Banned

Want a Big Gulp? Forget about it...

If he is really worried about the health of the citizens it might be a better idea to teach NYPD how to shoot.

Well all the 7-11s here you fill your own cup and pay at the counter, so if you bring your old "extreme gulp" is that now forbidden even if you fill it yourself? or will the clerk now have to fill your cup for you?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    You cant buy a Large but you can buy two mediums.

Makes sense.
    I wonder if that's what they're going to do now, offer the same price in two transactions for two smaller portions like for example, if you previously bought a 32 ounce big gulp for 5 bucks, are they now just going to give you 2 16 ounce cups in a beverage holder for "2.50 each". or if you have your giant extreme gulp 7-11 novelty cup, maybe where a fillup for that 48 ounce behemoth was once like 4.50, they're just going to stop at 16 ounces exactly, charge you, then put another 16 ounces in, etc. it seems pretty easy to skirt to me.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Why don't they just make it illegal to be fat? Duh!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Why don't they just make it illegal to be fat? Duh!
    Then even more of their voters would be in jail.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Yeah but then we could make jails like fat camps and force people to get skinny and then release them.
    Will it be fatcamp before or after Zoolander took over?

Bloomberg is a jerk-off who cannot control himself, but feels the need to control others. I hope New Yorkers now understand elections have consequences.

By a vote of eight members in favor, with one abstaining, the mayoral-appointed city health board outlawed sugary drinks larger than 16 ounces nearly everywhere they are sold, except groceries and convenience stores. Violators of the ban, which does not include diet sodas, face a $200 fine.
    Aren't Big Gulps sold at convenience stores? It seems the thirsty crowd in New York can still get a 55 Gallon Coke..... for now.
    Last edited by John Canuck; 09-16-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    Bloomberg is a jerk-off who cannot control himself, but feels the need to control others. I hope New Yorkers now understand elections have consequences.

Aren't Big Gulps sold at convenience stores? It seems the thirsty crowd in New York can still get a 55 Gallon Coke..... for now.
    Don't worry, bloomie will make it illegal soon enough to sell them at the Southland Corporation soon enough.

although this idiocy will probably create a booming underground economy. it's like after NYC banned smoking in restaurants and bars some "hidden" bars popped up where they would only allow invited friends and allow smoking, the "smoke-easy" formed in NYC and has since spread to major cities with smoking bans across the country. they'll probably just make "slurp-easies" to combat the regulation.

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post

I was just about to point this out to everyone. 7-11 is still okay to sell their 64oz drinks. =]
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

So if it is ALL you are getting, it's legal.
    But if you are going to consume it with food, it's illegal.

Got it.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Campaign Veteran
    Okay...so these 64-oz cups are still legal then...I don't have to smuggle them into NYC after all.

I could have sworn I had Big Gulp ("contraband") cups but apparently they're all just Double Gulps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	'Vintage' Big Gulp cups.jpg 
Views:	1572 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	9236  
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 09-17-2012 at 12:49 AM.

The Big Gulp is smaller than the Double Gulp~