• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Want a Big Gulp? Forget about it...

EMNofSeattle

Well all the 7-11s here you fill your own cup and pay at the counter, so if you bring your old "extreme gulp" is that now forbidden even if you fill it yourself? or will the clerk now have to fill your cup for you?

EMNofSeattle

You cant buy a Large but you can buy two mediums.

Makes sense.

I wonder if that's what they're going to do now, offer the same price in two transactions for two smaller portions like for example, if you previously bought a 32 ounce big gulp for 5 bucks, are they now just going to give you 2 16 ounce cups in a beverage holder for "2.50 each". or if you have your giant extreme gulp 7-11 novelty cup, maybe where a fillup for that 48 ounce behemoth was once like 4.50, they're just going to stop at 16 ounces exactly, charge you, then put another 16 ounces in, etc. it seems pretty easy to skirt to me.

John Canuck

Bloomberg is a jerk-off who cannot control himself, but feels the need to control others. I hope New Yorkers now understand elections have consequences.

By a vote of eight members in favor, with one abstaining, the mayoral-appointed city health board outlawed sugary drinks larger than 16 ounces nearly everywhere they are sold, except groceries and convenience stores. Violators of the ban, which does not include diet sodas, face a $200 fine.

Aren't Big Gulps sold at convenience stores? It seems the thirsty crowd in New York can still get a 55 Gallon Coke..... for now.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

Bloomberg is a jerk-off who cannot control himself, but feels the need to control others. I hope New Yorkers now understand elections have consequences.

Aren't Big Gulps sold at convenience stores? It seems the thirsty crowd in New York can still get a 55 Gallon Coke..... for now.

Don't worry, bloomie will make it illegal soon enough to sell them at the Southland Corporation soon enough.

although this idiocy will probably create a booming underground economy. it's like after NYC banned smoking in restaurants and bars some "hidden" bars popped up where they would only allow invited friends and allow smoking, the "smoke-easy" formed in NYC and has since spread to major cities with smoking bans across the country. they'll probably just make "slurp-easies" to combat the regulation.

xxx.jakk.xxx

I was just about to point this out to everyone. 7-11 is still okay to sell their 64oz drinks. =]

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
So if it is ALL you are getting, it's legal.
But if you are going to consume it with food, it's illegal.

Got it.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Okay...so these 64-oz cups are still legal then...I don't have to smuggle them into NYC after all.

I could have sworn I had Big Gulp ("contraband") cups but apparently they're all just Double Gulps.

Attachments

• 'Vintage' Big Gulp cups.jpg
    'Vintage' Big Gulp cups.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,038
Last edited:

Ca Patriot

will there be "off roster" sodas now ?

"pre ban" sodas ?

"assualt sodas" ?

"high powered" sodas ?

"kid killer" sodas ?

"cop killer" sodas ?