• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally got my Crossbreed Supertuck in. FNX-9

Kotyaer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k5abrtzn1c8juu/2012-09-15 21.39.42.jpg

Finally got my Crossbreed Supertuck. Tried it on a little bit before I had to leave for Work, Part 2™. Seems like it will do a decent job with OC and CC once I get my permit. Tempted to give it a go around the shore here as OC, instead of my cheapo blackhawk.

Will update with pics of wearing, VA-tuck style. I could imagine the leather drawing a little more attention than desired, but we'll see how that goes. Might see about dying it black since most of my wardrobe is a gray-scale.

ScottE

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k5abrtzn1c8juu/2012-09-15 21.39.42.jpg

Finally got my Crossbreed Supertuck. Tried it on a little bit before I had to leave for Work, Part 2™. Seems like it will do a decent job with OC and CC once I get my permit. Tempted to give it a go around the shore here as OC, instead of my cheapo blackhawk.

Will update with pics of wearing, VA-tuck style. I could imagine the leather drawing a little more attention than desired, but we'll see how that goes. Might see about dying it black since most of my wardrobe is a gray-scale.

Why would you be concerned about the leather drawing attention? This holster is an IWB holster intended for concealment. You either wear an untucked shirt over it. Or if you want to tuck a shirt in, you tuck your shirt down over the front of your gun, but behind the two clips. When tucked, the only thing you should see are the two clips over your gun belt.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's a pretty solid holster. I have one for my FNP-40. As the guy above me mentioned the Supertuck is primarily a concealment holster. What made you consider it for open carry as opposed to a traditional OWB holster?

x1wildone

I wear my super tuck IWB as oc all the time I will cc as needed. Also wear an owb PM40 OC and CC as needed. Have been using the super tuck for a couple of years now, and it works well.

Kotyaer

It's a pretty solid holster. I have one for my FNP-40. As the guy above me mentioned the Supertuck is primarily a concealment holster. What made you consider it for open carry as opposed to a traditional OWB holster?

1) It's comfy
2) It stays close to my body (so close, the aggressive stippling on the FNX wasn't comfortable without an undershirt).
3) In my neck of the woods, with the sheer number of tourists and snowbirds, it can be less trouble to conceal. Since I almost never wear jackets, I figured it'd be nice to have a holster to conceal under a t-shirt, or polo while I'm working at my accounts in Virginia. Really wish MD CHPs weren't like unicorns, would like to carry all the time.

pfries

Finally got my Crossbreed Supertuck.

I love mine for when I do CC

Why would you be concerned about the leather drawing attention? This holster is an IWB holster intended for concealment. You either wear an untucked shirt over it. Or if you want to tuck a shirt in, you tuck your shirt down over the front of your gun, but behind the two clips. When tucked, the only thing you should see are the two clips over your gun belt.

As he stated

Seems like it will do a decent job with OC and CC once I get my permit.

The Wolfhound

comfortable control

I like the SuperTuck enough that I have purchased 4 different models, (2 for me and 2 for my wife) for different firearms. It keeps my pistol tight to my body and can convert from OC to CC and back easily as needs dictate. No OWB holster that I have tried restricts "flop" as well as IWB carry. A weight at my side is no issue, a weight at my side that bounces is annoying.

ScottE

Anyone looking for what I believe is a better alternative to the Crossbreed, should look at White Hat Holsters. They have an IWB holster called Max Tuck, which is similar to the Supertuck, but it costs less, you can get the horsehide in black, combat cut at no extra cost, and the kydex is removable, so you can purchase other kydex pieces from them and swap them out for different guns, without having to purchase whole new holsters. I ordered it and it took only 2 weeks to ship out. I should have it today or tomorrow.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Anyone looking for what I believe is a better alternative to the Crossbreed, should look at White Hat Holsters. They have an IWB holster called Max Tuck, which is similar to the Supertuck, but it costs less, you can get the horsehide in black, combat cut at no extra cost, and the kydex is removable, so you can purchase other kydex pieces from them and swap them out for different guns, without having to purchase whole new holsters. I ordered it and it took only 2 weeks to ship out. I should have it today or tomorrow.

No one told me we were recommending other holsters.....There are for sure other good holsters out there. I'd also recommend Cleveland's Holsters. I have two of his Ugly holsters and they are great. Plus he's a forum sponsor so supporting him in turn supports OCDO.

ScottE

No one told me we were recommending other holsters.....There are for sure other good holsters out there. I'd also recommend Cleveland's Holsters. I have two of his Ugly holsters and they are great. Plus he's a forum sponsor so supporting him in turn supports OCDO.

Hopefully I didn't step on anyone's toes. That was not my intent. But whenever I see mention of Crossbreed, I always feel obligated to bring up White Hat Holsters, as their Max Tuck is basically a Supertuck clone, but with more features and at a lower cost - something I assume most people would like to know.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Hopefully I didn't step on anyone's toes. That was not my intent. But whenever I see mention of Crossbreed, I always feel obligated to bring up White Hat Holsters, as their Max Tuck is basically a Supertuck clone, but with more features and at a lower cost - something I assume most people would like to know.

That wasn't a dig on you, I meant it to be funny...