Thread: OC do I understand the laws correct.

OC do I understand the laws correct.

No guns on school property; no if posted no guns; not at polling place on election day. Everywhere else is confirmed ok? I am new here and do appreciate all and any responses greatly. Thank you.

That's pretty much it. There may be some local parks that still require a CWP even if you open carry. I dunno... I never go to such parks. 'Worst that can happen is you'll be asked to leave. I've never heard of that happening tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    That's pretty much it. There may be some local parks that still require a CWP even if you open carry. I dunno... I never go to such parks. 'Worst that can happen is you'll be asked to leave. I've never heard of that happening tho.
    That's what I understood from reading the law. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

More info:

Places that serve alcohol for consumption on premises;

No open carry.
    If you carry, you must have a concealed carry permit, carry discretely and may not consume alcohol.
    If the place is posted No Firearms, you can't legally carry discretely there even with a permit.

-MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

More info:

Places that serve alcohol for consumption on premises;

No open carry.
    If you carry, you must have a concealed carry permit, carry discretely and may not consume alcohol.
    If the place is posted No Firearms, you can't legally carry discretely there even with a permit.

-MH
    Thanks for the info. New to OC, am planing on getting my CCW permit soon.

Parks can not prevent you from carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    Parks can not prevent you from carrying.
    They can if it is posted, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Paver1055 View Post
    No, unless it's a private park. But even then they would have to ask you to leave.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/03108.htm

5. Limiting or prohibiting the discharge of firearms in parks and preserves except:

(a) As allowed pursuant to chapter 4 of this title.
    Which reminds me of what I saw the other weekend but this may be private property;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0915121818-00.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	9243
    Last edited by sharkey; 09-20-2012 at 03:07 AM. Reason: add picture

We (AzCDL) got the state preemption laws strengthened via HB 2543 back in 2010. The new law prevents local governments from banning carry in their parks. I don't have the statute handy, but if you go to the Arizona State Legislature's website and look up HB 2543 from the 2010 session you can find the law.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by azcdlfred View Post
    We (AzCDL) got the state preemption laws strengthened via HB 2543 back in 2010. The new law prevents local governments from banning carry in their parks. I don't have the statute handy, but if you go to the Arizona State Legislature's website and look up HB 2543 from the 2010 session you can find the law.

Fred
    Already beat you to it, look above your post. LOL

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/03108.htm
    Last edited by sharkey; 09-22-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: add smiley so Fred knows I'm playing and doesn't hurt me at the annual meeting

I love Arizona....

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidph8 View Post
    I love Arizona....
    I just recently moved here as we'll and I'm originally from New Jersey so you know I totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Über face View Post
    I just recently moved here as we'll and I'm originally from New Jersey so you know I totally agree!
    You can't carry a paperclip in NJ w/o a permit. The difference in freedom tends to shock the senses of most people who'e been denied RKBA where they came from. The real awakening will come the first time you encounter a LEO while openly armed. Nothing happens.

You can't carry a paperclip in NJ w/o a permit. The difference in freedom tends to shock the senses of most people who'e been denied RKBA where they came from. The real awakening will come the first time you encounter a LEO while openly armed. Nothing happens.
    Oh, sometimes the LEO engages the OC person in a lengthy conversation about firearms and best places to get ammo.

If you OC while riding a motorcycle around town, a passing Tucson motor-cop might give you a grin or a thumbs up.

Fred
    What if it's a public city park and the sign says limited to concealed carry permit holders? I OC there and nothing has been said even when park ranger or whatever they are called was there.

What if it's a public city park and the sign says limited to concealed carry permit holders? I OC there and nothing has been said even when park ranger or whatever they are called was there.
    The sign is outdated and has no legal weight.

We shared the preemption statute with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    The sign is outdated and has no legal weight.

We shared the preemption statute with you.
    Yes, and I did read it. I wanted to make sure that city parks could not do that even when still posted. Thanks.

Yes, and I did read it. I wanted to make sure that city parks could not do that even when still posted. Thanks.
    Some cities are deliberately leaving the signs up.

Down here in Tucson, they refused to rescind their local ordinance banning guns in parks after it was nullified by preemption. I don't visit the city parks (too many vagrants and low class types) but I bet the signs are still there.

Fred

Some cities are deliberately leaving the signs up.

Down here in Tucson, they refused to rescind their local ordinance banning guns in parks after it was nullified by preemption. I don't visit the city parks (too many vagrants and low class types) but I bet the signs are still there.

Fred
    I'm in Peoria, and they still have the signs up. We go there for the kids to ride bikes. Thanks again for the info.