• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Col. Oliver North, I’m giving all my grandsons guns

oldbanger

“I give all of our grandsons — not when they’re born, but a little bit later because their moms insisted on it — I give each one of them three presents,” North explained. “The three presents are a shotgun, a bible and a note with a compass attached to it.”

“I say that if you learn to use all three — the shotgun, the bible and the compass — you will never be lost, you will never be hungry and you need fear nothing, but you must learn to use all three. So number thirteen will get his when he turns twelve.”

No grand daughters Ollie?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/16/ollie-north-im-giving-all-my-grandsons-guns/

beebobby

Oliver north. You mean the Oliver North that sold arms to Iran and diverted some of the money to the Contras terror network illegally. That Oliver North?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Oliver north. You mean the Oliver North that sold arms to Iran and diverted some of the money to the Contras terror network illegally. That Oliver North?

Probably the Ollie North that is a convicted felon who cannot posses a firearm. I think what he (Ollie) meant to say is that his charming wife, who he says has an extensive collection of firearms, allows hm to chip in when she goes to her favorite FFL to complete the purchase of the firearms, and who makes sure he is fully strapped in before putting the firearms in the trunk before driving to see the grandkids, and who makes sure he does not carry the heavy package into the house when they arrive. That Ollie North.

stay safe.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Oliver North, Freedom fighter

Oh, you mean the Oliver North who did backchannel negotiations for American Hostages and who found a work around a Democrat congress' attempt to defund the freedom fighters who opposed the Communists terrorists in Nicaragua?

There is as much veracity in both of those statements.

oldbanger

Probably the Ollie North that is a convicted felon who cannot posses a firearm.

North appealed his convictions on all three counts on a variety of grounds. North's most serious appeals issues related to Judge Gesell's application of the Kastigar decision in keeping North's trial free of taint from his immunized congressional testimony and the application of the Classified Information Procedures Act during the trial.

The appeals were argued at the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit on February 6, 1990. The court ruled on July 20, 1990.

By a 2-1 vote, the Appeals Court set aside North's convictions.

http://www.fas.org/irp/offdocs/walsh/chap_02.htm

North is a board member in the NRA

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

The ex Libyan president Momar Quadafi sent a hit man team to kill North and his family. The FBI caught them before they could do the murder.

I remember watching his testimony before congress when I was a kid. I didnt know much about it but I liked him then.

beebobby

"The ex Libyan president Momar Quadafi."

Momar Quadafi. You mean the Momar Quadafi that the Libyan people, with help from a NATO coalition and air support from the USA, took down under this administration. That Momar Quadafi?

moonie

Momar Quadafi. You mean the Momar Quadafi that the Libyan people, with help from a NATO coalition and air support from the USA, took down under this administration. That Momar Quadafi?

No, the other one...

WalkingWolf

The Momar Gaddafi that stopped aggression against the US years ago. That provided intelligence to the US on AQ and terrorism. That kept our diplomats safe. The one that Obama waged war against only for political gain, only to have it backfire when the AQ leaders he supported to overthrow the Libyan Government kill 4 US Citizens. All this after the History of the Shaw of Iran, and what followed when Jimmy Carter turned his back on the Shaw. Added to the intelligence that Putin provided to Obama and he ignored.

Ca Patriot

yes. did you think there was another one ?

beebobby

I was thinking of the one that had been an enemy of the US for decades, not the one that suddenly became an ally when Pres. Obama opposed him, as some on this vine espouse.

WalkingWolf

I was thinking of the one that had been an enemy of the US for decades, not the one that suddenly became an ally when Pres. Obama opposed him, as some on this vine espouse.

Wow and the new Libyan government is working out how? Ya know the one filled AQ that Obama put in power...

beebobby

The Libyan people voted for their officials, Pres. Obama only helped give them the opportunity to vote.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The Momar Gaddafi that stopped aggression against the US years ago.

After Reagan tossed a missile into his house (and then claimed he was not trying to kill him hahaha - that guy was great).

Who cares about Egypt, Libya, or whatever country he was from..... and their "democracy" is working out just fine (still don't care!)